3D Re-releases

Discuss Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Episode II - Attack of the Clones, and Episode III - Revenge of the Sith here.
Jedi Jin Su

3D Re-releases

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 am

I am looking forward to seeing the re-release of Episodes 1-3 many of the special effects will translate very well into 3 D. I must admit I am a bit of purist with the original trilogy but 3D has come so far these days that I think it really will do well with all the movies. I am especially looking forward to the light saber battles and the space battles.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Wildstar

Re: 3D Re-releases

Post by Wildstar » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Jinny, that Gungan frontier battle scene should look great in 3D, too...imagine all of those perfect rows of battledroids really popping out of the screen. :D

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:38 pm

Think of Avatar's depth of scene and that is more of what we will see. Nothing will be standing out as 3D.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:08 pm

I think the depth in space will be cool, and yes the battle at the end, I completely did not think about that, it will be cool. It will just add to it I think.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Soo...did anyone go and see TPM in 3D?
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Sure did :D

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Now for my review...

I had fairly low expectations going into the film on opening night. Not for the movie being on the big screen, but that the 3D conversion would not be much. Lucas had stated he wanted an unobtrusive 3D feel. (Imagine Avatar) It was more about the depth of sceen for their 3D. The critic reviews and those from fans in the UK (which released a day earlier) were not very positive, so again, I didn't expect much.

Being in the movie theater for another midnight showing of a Star Wars film on the big screen was cool. It was nice to be sitting with other Star Wars fans who enjoy the Saga. Most people I know don't even like it, let alone want to talk about it. The lights dimmed, and the movie started with the fantastic Star Wars crawl. I was suprised that the crawl felt very 3D to me which was cool. From there the effects really never stopped. Again, there was more depth of scene, but it was nice to see the separation of the characters from the background. The podrace sceen was cool and several space sections were really great.

I must say I was more impressed by the end of the film than I ever expected to be. The cut of the film is the Blu-ray version with the new digital Yoda, which I must say looks alot better. People who don't like this movie to begin with aren't going to like it better. I love all the films and it really gave me a stronger feeling of being inluded in the film rather than just watching it. The digital version really looked sweet on the big screen!

My recommendation would be to go. I would give the film and conversion a strong B grade. Now I can't wait to see how the conversion will improve over the years as the technology progresses so we can get Episode IV: A New Hope in 3D! The Star Destroyer chase in the beginning and the trench run are going to rule! :stardestroyer: Until then, I will look forward to Episodes 2 & 3 on the big screen. You can't go wrong with the Star Wars Saga on the big screen, in digital, 3D, and in surround sound!

I took the entire family last Saturday so I was able to see it again. Well, that is my 2 cents worth. You may not agree with me but there is my opinion.

The Phantom Menace took in $23 million in the United States during its first week. The second week didn't turn out nearly as strong and if anything looks to be a poor performance. Coming in at the #6 position this weekend, The Phantom Menace drops a whopping 65% earning only $7.9 million. However, it did overtake the original Star Wars movie for the #4 spot on the all-time domestic gross list. We need Star Wars (A New Hope) in 3D as soon as possible so we can take our rightful place back.

Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com