Reviews Here

Discuss Star Wars Episode VIII scheduled for release in 2017.
viper2843
Administrator

Reviews Here

Post by viper2843 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:00 am

Post your thoughts on the film here. I see it tomorrow. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

viper2843
Administrator

Re: Reviews Here

Post by viper2843 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:20 am

I've seen TLJ twice now. The first time I saw it I didn't really know what to make of it. I knew I didn't dislike it but I couldn't figure out if I liked it either. I said to myself that this is what it must have felt like in 1980 when TESB came out. There really isn't a conclusion to the story. The problems are still very much unresolved.
The film definitely grew on my in the second viewing. The film is very nuanced and there is a lot packed into the story. It takes time to absorb all of the subtlety that is packed into this film. I highly recommend seeing it a second time.
Overall I liked it. It is moving forward with the story but making sure to be different than the past. My favorite character in this film has to be Rose. I thought she was an excellent addition to the franchise. Rey and Finn were great as usual. Poe is really starting to grow as a character too. I'm very interested to see where JJ takes the next film.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:16 pm

I actually really enjoyed the film. I liked the Porgs, but how could you not? I liked how they wove the old and new sagas together. I loved Yoda! That was a very nice surprise. I read a lot of negative feedback about the film and did not want to go see the film at first. I almost put it into rental q but then I said it is Star Wars I have to see it on the big screen. It was good. It did a lot to compare itself to TESB. I think much of the negative comments are over the top. The original characters and story can't live forever, it has to move forward. I remember that at the time everyone hated TESB though honestly it has always been one of my favorites. I even love the episodes 1-3 but for different reasons. I think what they did with the Luke was actually brilliant. It really showed how he lost his way but then found it again. It showed the bonds between people very strongly. I want to go and watch the last movie again (Episode 7) because I believe they giving us some misinformation about Rey on purpose so that she has to find her own inner strength. I think overall it delivered what it promised.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:35 pm

viper2843 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:20 am
I've seen TLJ twice now. The first time I saw it I didn't really know what to make of it. I knew I didn't dislike it but I couldn't figure out if I liked it either.
That has been my experience exactly. I have seen it twice and feel the same way. I liked the film a lot better after the second viewing and I am sure it will continue to grow on me. I just really don't get the haters and the bashing.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com