"Looper's" Rian Johnson to direct Ep. VIII?

Discussion on the new Star Wars film taking place after Return of the Jedi
Wildstar

"Looper's" Rian Johnson to direct Ep. VIII?

Post by Wildstar » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:09 pm

We don't really have a forum for it yet, but multiple reports in the past couple of weeks have Looper's Rian Johnson being offered to write and direct Ep. 8 and to write a treatment for Ep. 9. Johnson also directed three episodes of AMC's Breaking Bad, including one considered to be one of the greatest episodes of television ever.

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Re: "Looper's" Rian Johnson to direct Ep. VIII?

Post by Jedi Power » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:15 am

After so long with just George at the helm, it feels kinda wierd to have all these new people taking over Star Wars stories. I have been enjoying what Marvel has done, so I am hoping I will feel the same about all the new Star Wars stories. Looking forward to it either way.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Jin Su

Re: "Looper's" Rian Johnson to direct Ep. VIII?

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:22 pm

I agree with the comments so far. I am looking forward to the pieces, but it does feel weird to have so much content all at once. I will give Disney a bit of credit at being able to expand the franchise working on multiple projects, getting many quality directors and writers involved that seems promising. I hope it really gives a broader spectrum to the storylines. They are adding more women and minorities to the cast so that might add a bit also to the depth of characters that will be available to us. With aliens that can go anywhere so I really hope they are as creative as Star Wars can get. :)
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master