Episode VII Casting Details Confirmed

Discussion on the new Star Wars film taking place after Return of the Jedi
Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Episode VII Casting Details Confirmed

Post by Jedi Power » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Here is the Lucasfilm confirmed casting call:

- Late-teen female, independent, good sense of humour, fit.
- Young twenty-something male, witty and smart, fit but not traditionally good looking.
- A late twentysomething male, fit, handsome and confident.
- Seventy-something male, with strong opinions and tough demeanour. Also doesn't need to be particularly fit.
- A second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and fit.
- Forty something male, fit, military type.
- Thirtysomething male, intellectual. Apparently doesn’t need to be fit.

Casting for Episode VII is now underway and we will soon start finding out who will be playing these characters. :D
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Jin Su

Re: Episode VII Casting Details Confirmed

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:28 pm

This should be interesting. Looking at the casting call, I am assuming this is Han and Leia's kids? I haven't read a lot of the EU.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:26 pm

I am hoping that these new films have nothing to do with the EU. Really hoping for an original story. I am totally ok if they don't line up with the books.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:15 pm

Actually I would agree with you there as I haven't read the books and I think many have not, it would be great if they don't have a lot to do with the EU. I know many love the EU but for me I think it would be best if they just went in a whole new direction. A whole new Star Wars, also from a marketing point of view it would be good too then they don't have to worry about toys or ships or really anything they can make it their own.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:28 am

Harrison Ford is going to be in the new film. I am not sure how I feel about that. While it is cool that they can still get the original characters together, I wonder how they are going to incorporate them...

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Agreed. I am both excited and extremely nervous about the existing actors returning. Indiana Jones 4 didn't go so well and I am still a bit torn about the new Star Trek films.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Craig

Post by Craig » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:02 am

viper2843 wrote:Agreed. I am both excited and extremely nervous about the existing actors returning. Indiana Jones 4 didn't go so well and I am still a bit torn about the new Star Trek films.
My guess would be they'd be in minor roles. Not much more than to set up the new trilogy. Han might have a beard - seems like the type of guy to grow a beard. :mrgreen:

I thought Indiana Jones 4 was good, enjoyed it - didn't expect to. Thought the Star Trek reboot was good too, but don't know or care much about S.T..

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:13 pm

I guess we will have to see about the choices. So far there has not been enough information. I get a bit of news here and there.