Discussion on the new Star Wars film taking place after Return of the Jedi
Jedi Jin Su

Star Wars Episode 7

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 am

This is interesting to say the least...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/disney-st ... 30937.html

Here is another link to a different article

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-tal ... 13047.html
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Wildstar

Re: Star Wars Episode 7

Post by Wildstar » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:22 am

Jinny, I think you know that most of the problems fans had with the prequels was GL's seeming disregard for the Clone Wars EU, so, ultimately, the new Disney movies, I feel, will be judged on how closely they keep to the post-Endor EU.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Well then. I was thinking of shutting the boards down at the end of the year but it looks like I might have a reason (or three) to keep them open. I have created a Episode VII forum so we can start talking about the new film.

I am actually a bit worried about these films. I have mixed feelings about the prequels now that I have had years to reflect on them and I am not sure I want the classic characters of Luke Leia, Han and Chewie to be tampered with. That is one of the reasons I try to stay away from the books. They took the saga in directions I wasn't particularly thrilled about.

What I do think is a good thing is Lucas will be stepping back from writing/directing. I always thought he should have handled the prequels like he handled the original trilogy, letting others writing the screenplay and direct. We will see how these films progress with someone else at the helm.

Disney does seem to be the best to fill the role though. They already have a good relationship with Lucas with the Star Tours ride so they seem to understand his vision.

Here's hoping this revives the dying SW Forums! :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:37 am

I pretty much share those thoughts, viper...the recent Marvel movies (Iron Man, The Avengers, etc.) might not have happened if not for Disney's acquisition of Marvel, so I hope their acquisition of LFL has a similar effect on the Star Wars franchise. :D

Craig

Post by Craig » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:02 am

Well this woke me up! I half heard news of this a couple of days ago on radio and didn't quite know what was going on. I'm sufficiently busy to only find time now to Google it.

I think Disney is a good choice to take over. Wheather or not you like their "stuf" they do it usually to a high standard it seems. Wildstar's point about the EU may be a good one.

This articlehttp://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/05/s ... exclusive/indicates Harrison Ford might be willing to be part of the new movies. LInk to Mark Hamill comments at the end of the article too.

I read in one of the reports that Lucas has written treatments of VII VIII IX and handed them over, so there may be some chance that Luke/Leia/Han may be in the picture as well as them showing interest in being part of it all.

Craig

Post by Craig » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:42 am

Here's some thouhgts from Timothy Zahn and an old video interview with Mark Hamill saying this was all to be 30 years ago. http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-bits ... hort-list/

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:01 pm

One thing the new films have done for me is give me some new energy to clean up the site. I have started up work on a new design for the SW Forums. It will take me a while but I have some new determination to re-start this place. Time to dust off the old code. I have a promise to keep...to an old friend. :yoda: :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:12 pm

It has been a long time since I was on. Been installing a new computer system for 14,000 people over the last year. I think this Star Wars news is going to be great and I can't wait. Maybe we can get the traffic going to the forums again and rev this engine up!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Doze

Post by Doze » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Yeah it would be nice to see these areas alive again. :D
Abomination – If Obama wins the presidency we will be 'an Obama-Nation'

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:30 am

I will admit that I have been quite lax in my visiting as well, I try to keep up with news but as there was not much lately, I hadn't been visiting. However, I do pledge to be better about it. :amidala:

I actually just saw all the movies on Spike TV and it was so much fun to watch them. They are so classic.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master