AMA Info

Discuss anything about Star Wars on the Net.
Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:44 am

I dont think I commented fully on the new AMA design, but, when looking for a contact the other day I gainded a new appreciation of the new look. The theme works well together - it does look fantastic. Well done Abrynne.

That new avatar is cute too.
I just looked through you avatar selection Abrynne, most of those are great too. Don't know why but I get the urge to start an "Abrynne's stuff is great" fan thread!
Doooawww! Craig! I blush :oops: Thanks. And I'm really glad you like the layout :D
Abrynne, how do you set up the avators?
You mean on here? Aah, 'tis very simple. Go into your "Profile" (on the menu at the top of the forums page) and scroll down to the "Avatar Control Panel" it'll ask you for a URL to the image.

If you want to use one of the ones I've made that's fine and dandy, all I ask is that you upload it onto your own server or image space ( http://photobucket.com/ , http://imageshack.com/ , and http://tinypic.com/ all work quite well for image hosting)
After you've uploaded your image, post the URL in that little text bar and hit the "Submit" button. Your avatar should show up on your posts if uploaded successfully.

Jedi Illadriel

Post by Jedi Illadriel » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:05 am

Thanks, Abrynne!! :D
Jedi Illadriel/Darth Illatris

Fallen Jedi

Post by Fallen Jedi » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:49 am

I like the front page, i love it.

The boy you trained, gone he is. Consumed by Darth Vader. -Yoda

Abrynne

*sniffle*

Post by Abrynne » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:48 am

You guys, it has finally happened. I didn't think I'd be so sad when it did happen but it finally has and I am.

I'm considering closing down A Master and Apprentice.

I've attacked all the pros and cons to it in a post on my journal.
Click.

I will have had it up for over 5 years (6 in November) but my friend is right, it'll be like shooting a beloved pet. :(

CoolVader

Post by CoolVader » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:53 am

Awwww. thats so sad!
"He is my brother"

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:22 am

Did you ever think of moving part of it? You can upload the files to someplace like photobucket for relatively cheap and then revise the site to someplace more inexpensive.

I did that with a lot of my things when I did my revisions. Then what I do is have my favorite files on the photobucket site and can just link to them as I please. They have some nifty features for not too much money. It might be a good way to go if you wanted to streamline and not get rid of things in their entirety.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:02 am

After reading your pros and cons it definately sounds like you are leaning towards closing it down. I would hate to see that. If it is a money issue i might have a solution. How much are you spending now if you don't mind me asking?
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:04 am

I take it that no news is good news? Are you feeling a little better today about the site?
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

SithMasterRevan

Post by SithMasterRevan » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:32 am

cool
Stick i have become.Weak and Old.When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not hmm?

Craig

Post by Craig » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:06 am

People like you Abrynne keep the online comunity going. So it's disapointing to see another part disapear - but evrything ends. You've put in alot of hard work and can't be expected to go on forever.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:24 pm

I will miss the site Abrynne but I can understand the difficulties in keeping a site up for a long period of time. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:18 am

Here's the final deal guys. I've neglected AMA for too long and this is like putting down a beloved pet but I plan to keep it up until my year is up and I'll have to pay the bill which will be around late August, early September. I will give the people who visit enough warning so if they have images they want to save or anything else from there they'd like to keep on file they can grab it before I close it down.

I don't feel right neglecting it and yet keeping it up. It is true, I've worked very hard on it, I've learned bunches of things because of it but I think it's time.
Because I've moved out of the house and am on my own, working full time, working on my book writing, and not to mention the fact that the Star Wars 'verse has died down until the live action series, I shouldn't continue keeping it as a responsibility that I know I'll forget about.
*sigh* Being an adult stinks.

But I'll always be around here with avatars and fan art. In fact I do have a piece I've been meaning to scan. I just have to swipe my scanner from my parents house ;)

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:50 am

I understand how it is and I will hate to see it go. Reality does bite!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:01 am

I'm sorry to see it go but I completely understand your reasons for your decision. I think about it as well with my own site. But as long as all of you are still willing to visit and post, then I will do my best to keep this place up and running. :D

Before you close the site down, you should check the Internet Archive to see if you site has been archived. That way, your site will live on in Internet history. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:36 am

While I understand closing the site, I would do a more modified site rather than close it down entirely. You worked so hard on it that it seems such a shame to just do away with it. Modifying your site could be easy enough with updates done quarterly and such. However, sometimes the real world does intrude on computing...
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master