Legacy Star Destroyer

Discuss anything about Star Wars on the Net.
Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Legacy Star Destroyer

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:39 am

Okay all... I need your creative help. For those that know me, Star Wars ships are my thing! Fan created or cannon, I like to have them in my Ships Section at Galactic Voyage.

The was a ship created by CGI artist named Howard Day who created his own vision of a star destroyer which would be set in the Republic style. It is called the Legacy Star Destroyer.

I would like for you all to make it live. It has been modded for games like Empire at War, but it needs a story. So, I need a "What's the story?" like StarWars.com did for this ship.

Here is what I know from Howard...

The Legacy Star Destroyer is something of a pure battleship (not so much a carrier like the Venator). Larger and carrying superior firepower to anything of it's time. I followed his project from its first concept drawings to final release (its used to be available at Scifi-Meshes.com before their server crashed).

The Legacy is best described as a battleship/command ship version of the Venator. It is more heavily armored and can carry more fighters, kinda like a true prequel to the ISD.

Whilst its true that it isn't as powerful as the ISD, its still quite close, and thats from the original author.

Can we create an entry for it? How many guns does it have? (From the pics, a lot!) What type of guns?, What speed? (In MGLT) How long a ship is it? What kind of crew does it require? How much cargo does it hold?

Here is a linK to the folder with all my Legacy Star Destroyer Pictures for good reference.

Thanks for your help!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Doze

Re: Legacy Star Destroyer

Post by Doze » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:20 pm

OK I think I get what you are doing... I'm in.

So... First the name. You don't have a Legacy with out something that was great coming to a great end. We know that the next TV show that will come out will be about the Hutt clans and the under world of Star Wars so a link to that would be cool. The Legacy has to stand alone in the outer rim with most of its victories and its last battle against the Hutts.

Legacy's armament should be the standard from what the ISD built on. So specs should be a little under and over the ISD. I did see that the ISD(1) had 60 turbolaser batteries and 60 ion cannon batteries, a high number of Ion compared to the ISD(2) that only had 20 ion cannons. So a high number of ion cannons would only add up for the Legacy. The Ion cannons should also be linked to Malevolence and how they were used there.

Is that what your looking for?
Have to get back to work...
Abomination – If Obama wins the presidency we will be 'an Obama-Nation'

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:01 pm

From the pictures it looks like the Legacy star destroyer is loosely based on a Jedi Fighter from roughly the end of the Geonosian War onward. If you took that and modified or expanded that into a Star Destroyer, you would have one of your first star destroyer series I would imagine. As it looks like from the pictures.

I can't tell if it has 3 bays or only 2. It looks like it is a mesh between what I know as a star destroyer class and the smaller ships.

Keeping this idea in mind I think it would be interesting as a crossbreed of sorts. Something that the Empire developed secretly to train combat troops and then when the Republic fell pulled them out into a heavier rotation until they could develop heavier artillery more in the open, such as the destroyers we know more about. I would think they would be smaller than the destroyers we know about now as they are or would be still in a developmental stage from Republic to Empire and the army/military has not grown enough yet to power the large Imperial Military that we know from the movies.

Have I helped at all? I hope so.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:41 pm

I like it all. Keep it coming!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Doze

Post by Doze » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:52 pm

Death to Live as a Legacy
After many battles against the Empire, the Hutts were beaten, their pride broken. The Hutts suede for peace and needing the resources else where, the Empire was quick to answer. But one, (need name) the Hutt had no intentions of peace. Badly wounded in battle this Hutt would have no life in peace, war would be the only profit he could ever enjoy. With the support of the Black Sun a plan was put in to motion, a desperate plan but a plan none the least. A show of force was sent to the planet Nal Hutta but only the Legacy approached the planet, in respect. Just before final approach (need name) a Hutt fleet came out of warp between Legacy and the Hutt home world. A hundred penetrate assault ships imbedded in to the heavy hall of the Legacy. There victory would claim the flagship of the Empire, as their own.

Have to go to bed…

Doze

Post by Doze » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:57 pm

From the bridge of the Legacy a general Holocron address message is sent to the Imperial fleet. Admiral (need name) stands tall in his white uniform unmoved by the chaos around him. ‘The Emperor has been betrayed by this scum. We will soon be over run so I will take the only action left.’ Looking to his right, ‘Capitan is our course still set to the Capital city?’
‘Yes sir!’
‘Emergency jump! Do it now!’
With that the holocron signal was broken and the Legacy went to lightspeed. The flagship of the Hutts shattered like Rylothan holy glass. Large chunks of the ship shot out in ever direction shredding the surrounding fleet and fighters. This spectacle was then highlighted by the rolling fire storm on the planets surface of Legacy’s impacted. In one move Legacy had destroyed both the last Hutt fleet and all resistance from the home world.

It is said that at the time the Emperor heard of the death of the Legacy he shed a single tear. That tear was taken and place in the creator of Legacy. That tear spread and can still be seen as the Sea of the Emperor’s Tears to this day.
:stardestroyer:

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:35 pm

I like the story, but what I am truly looking for is more of a bio about the ship. To get an example, see the MC-80 Ship Entry for a write-up on a capital ship.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:38 pm

How is this:

Craft: Legacy Star Destroyer
Type: Star Destroyer
Length: 1200 Meters
Weapons: 30 Laser Canons
2 Tractor Beams
Crew: 7500 personnel with 100 Gunners
Top Speed: 20 MGLT
Troop Capacity: 5,000 Ground Troops
40 Imperial Fighters
Cargo Capacity: 30,000 Metric Tons
Passengers: 5,000

After Order 66, Jedi holdings were seized and modified to suit Imperial Needs. A new destroyer class of ships were being built. Until the Imperial Fleet was complete, older ships were modified and became what is now known as the the Legacy Star Destroyer. This prototype model would be the base of what many would come to know and fear in the Imperial Star Destroyers. The modified Legacy Destroyers enabled many of the the Jedi to be hunted and killed as well as tighten the grip of the growing Empire.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Doze

Post by Doze » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Nice!!! :D

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:59 pm

Cool!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage