The World of Star Wars

Discuss anything about Star Wars on the Net.
viper2843
Administrator

The World of Star Wars

Post by viper2843 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:45 am

It seems that Yahoo and StarWars.com have teamed up to make a new site called The World of Star Wars. I've only browsed it for a little but it seems like a cool site. They are pushing the video stuff pretty heavily. I guess they are trying to grab the YouTube crowd who are also Star Wars fans. What does everyone else think? :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:24 pm

"The World of Star Wars" - Why???

They seem to really be promoting this new site and I get the feeling that if you want new and interesting content, then you will need to go there and get it from other fans like yourself, because starwars.com only plans on bringing us the big stuff, like the 3D Clone Wars, and Live-Action series.

Here is my thought... Why spend all this money and effort in creating a new site when starwars.com is currently in a dormant state with really only news about the Young Indiana Jones Series. We Hyperspace members are paying for new and exclusive content about Star Wars! That money, time, and effort should have been focused on the Official Site, and not in some new one. Of course, that is my opinion.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:47 pm

You have a very good point Jedi Power. I am a paying subscriber to Hyperspace and I barely even go to StarWars.com anymore. The lack of content, especially exclusive content, is rather annoying. I think the problem is that there is nothing really going on and the site isn't doing anything to generate any real content. Only time will tell if the TV shows are successful and generate content and genuine interest among the community. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Master-Backwash

Post by Master-Backwash » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:18 pm

If you ask me, the Star Wars offical site needs major reconstruction, organization and new stuff, alot of new stuff. I'm not a hyperspace member because early on I saw the decaying rate of the site, so I didn't join. But Jedi Power, you should tell them that, and also you would be pretty good at the job ( that is if you ask me) and if I had any power to say or not say with it....
"A warrior knows nothing of surrender."
-Mandalore the Indomitable

Ki Adi Mundi

Post by Ki Adi Mundi » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:19 am

I think it's a brilliant move on Yahoo!'s part. The Star Wars fan-base is HUGE, and they may have just heavily tapped that.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:34 pm

It is definitely a good move on Yahoo's part but only time will tell if it works out for them. They need to keep a steady stream of content to keep people coming back to the site. If not, they will fall into the same problem that StarWars.com currently has. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:53 pm

I definately think it is a win for Yahoo. Just not the Official Site.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:20 pm

I think Yahoo is trying to cash in. I went to the Yahoo site. There is not much there really. It is fun if you want to chat with other Star Wars fans and have no clue about anything.

The only advantage I can think of for the official site is getting people there that are casual fans but that like the chat type features.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Craig

Post by Craig » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:42 pm

It would probably be a try by LucasFilm to keep conected with the newer audience and to keep up interest in the new TV series. Still worth a look.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:41 pm

I suppose any platform is good now-a-days. One must keep one's name out there. Besides, it is fun to play with, especially when making avatars.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:02 pm

I guess I agree. LucasFilm needs to keep Star Wars in everyone's minds until the mysterious TV shows are released. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:48 pm

TV show? What TV show? Where? I don't see one. :lol:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage