Check it out if you have the time.

Discuss anything about Star Wars on the Net.
locokarma

Check it out if you have the time.

Post by locokarma » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:37 pm

)First, thanks to Viper.
I wanted to pass on to anyone here that is on the costuming side of Star Wars. Many of you may know of (or may be members of) the 501st and Rebel Legion. Both are great organizations and well worth joining. However, and this is not knocking either site- but I wanted to put out the word of a fairly new costuming site that is out there- ** we're in no way trying to compete** But to be out there for everyone's enjoyment and love for Star Wars. It is the 327th star corps. A small group of devoted members there to help each other out- whether you have a costume, need a costume, or you're just not quite there yet.

Anyone and everyone is invited to come over and check it out (It's your destiny :D )- I've only been there a short time, but I've made some good friends, and gleamed a lot of information concerning the costuming world. Tell 'em I sent ya!

http://www.327thstarcorps.com

Thank you.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:19 am

They look very detailed. Very nice quality. I know finding good quality at reasonable prices seem to be a challenge for a lot of fans. Very interesting.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

locokarma

Post by locokarma » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:18 pm

I agree. Money can be an issue when you start to costume. Unless you get lucky and find something on Ebay- but then you have to worry about quality. I was very fortunate to find someone locally that was selling his TK armor at about 1/2 of what it would cost me if I had bought it from somewhere else...and it was already assembled.

It can be an expensive hobby, but once you get into it, it can be a lot of fun. :D