Galactic Escape Pod

Discuss anything about Star Wars on the Net.
Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Galactic Escape Pod

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Hey Guys and Gals,

I wanted to get some feedback on the podcast I have been doing since September of 2012 called the Galactic Escape Pod. I haven't ever gotten a voicemail or email from anyone about the show and I could use the feedback.

Here is my latest show: Episode 22

You can also see a list of all the episodes on the show page.

So many podcasts these days require between 1-2 hours of time to listen to which is a huge commitment for me. My goal is to try and keep the show to around 30 minutes for most episodes so I can give the listener what they want without the big time investment. I do give more time if I have a guest on.

It takes hours to get these shows put together, and I am wondering if I should bother to continue to make them. Thanks for the feedback!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Jin Su

Re: Galactic Escape Pod

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:10 pm

I have listened to a few of your casts from time to time but really I don't do a lot of podcasts anymore. I do watch youtube videos if a topic is interesting for me. Have you considered moving to a youtube channel format? That way you could post them as you wish and people could download them as they want and you would not have to worry about length. Most youtube channels I watch the videos are between 15 minutes-30 minute segments. You could break the segments up then and not have to require so much of your time. Making the videos is pretty simple stuff and you just upload them.

Also you might want to look into keeping them on someplace like dropbox, for more space on a server. I know I have kept some videos on there so they don't keep so much space on my hard drives.

I think you do a great job with them but I am not so sure you need to give your life to it. I think once the movies pick up more and more you will get more people, and then you can also have it be convenient for you as well as the audience.

:leia:
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I did have a YouTube channel for Galactic Voyage and I started doing video casts before they were the thing. I always thought they would be the next generation instead of a podcast. Podcasts have actually made a bit of a resurgence. Everyone has a Star Wars podcast instead of a website like back in the 2000's. My channel got dumped because of all the Star Wars videos I had. To much copyright infringement they said, but everyone elses channels have as much or more.

I did my last video in 2011 and the section is called Galactic News. Here is an example of the videocasts I created. This was a review for The Clone Wars Season 3 episode called Wookiee Hunt. I enjoyed doing these videos as well, but they also chewed up a lot of time.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:19 pm

These are really well put together. I know when I have seen videos on You Tube I just subscribe to the channel and people post links on their site so they don't take up too much bandwidth. I am not sure if you have to pay to host them at You Tube or how that works. I know you have wonderful content and always put together quality information. I think that is why your site is so well known.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master