Fan Art!...generally

Share your saga fan art and fan fiction for all to see.
viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:06 pm

Congrats Abrynne! It is a well deserved honor.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:58 am

Abrynne wrote:Oh and I forgot, this is just a little tid bit that I'm a bit proud of.
TheForce.Net has FINALLY posted my artwork in their galleries. It's not all there but some is there and that's what counts!

I was beginning to think that they only accepted bribes.
Good for you Abrynne! I pretty much gave up sending to TFN because they can take so long.
Jedi Jin Su wrote:Congrats Abrynne! That is an honor indeed.

Sorry so remiss in saying so but thanks Craig! Cool pick of Obi Wan! I am collecting these and as soon as I get my revamping done of my page, there will be special section just of Craig's cool Jedi Art. Who else does art just for us? I am very impressed, it looks so much like Ewan, he should be impressed too. As he is not as well built as you make him. lol.
Thanks Jin Su. I thought you couldn't have liked it because you didn't make a mention of it - good or bad. Actually I thought you girls had gone off the Jedi idea - by you last few posts - so I stopped thinking about doing more.

Post a notice when you get your page done so we can have a look at your work.

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:10 am

Jedi Jin Su wrote:I am very impressed, it looks so much like Ewan, he should be impressed too. As he is not as well built as you make him. lol. :lol: :D
Heh, agreed. I think that's part of the appeal Ewan has though. He's not very tall, fit but lanky and has that goofy grin. *shrugs* I don't get it. Maybe it's the accent. *drooools*

But yes! We must see your page when it's finished hon!

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:46 pm

**Bump!**

I'm submitting a piece to my very first Star Wars anything contest. This happens to be a Queen Amidala desktop contest. I wanted to try one of the outfits that isn't usually done.

The contest is over at Like Mother, Like Daughter.
As you can see, the majority of images used already are the red throne room gown and the parade gown.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:22 pm

You should have done the Waterfall ones you've done. This is good too though. I like her nightgown one though too. This is neat but her heair is so harsh. I liked the one purple gown that they had but I don't remember what scene it was in from ROTS. It was purple with black.

JJS
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:56 pm

Well this one was only supposed to be Queen Amidala, no Senator or anything like that. Purely Episode I. The Red throne room and the Parade gowns have already been done more than once, that's why I tried something different.
I like the profile this gives her and the purple veil one (my favorite outfit) didn't have a lot of images I could use.

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:57 pm

Jedi Jin Su wrote:You should have done the Waterfall ones you've done.
Waterfall ones? lol I'm drawing a blank. :?

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:38 am

I'm thinking of Ep III, the dress called waterfalls? It was for her funeral scene. You did some great wallpaper for that. Not Ep. I.

I didn't realize it was only Ep I. Hmm.... Then these are some of the best. I even bought a costume book from Ep I to see the gowns. They were interesting.

The purple gown was also from Ep. III. Sorry for the Myopic view. I was just looking at updated pictures from the Star Wars. com sight.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:51 am

That was nicely done. Though a bit monotone for me. I understand your desire to do images different from the norm.

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:05 pm

Okay, I'm just gonna quit right now and mercifully take my art box out to the back and shoot it.

Click
Click again

It's worth a browse.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:04 am

Why are you going to quit?? You will be that good. This person is a professional. They probably have a few more years experience and you are I would say that good now. Your art is very good. Everyone has a different eye and touch. Some of your sketches are wonderful! I think you are being too critical and hard on yourself.

It's the same way with writing, I used to think some of my pieces weren't that good but I have realized that after you keep working at it then it can be very good. Some of my pieces are brilliant, really, I don't know how they get written or where from and sometimes, they are best left on the disk drive. :) One just has to keep doing it!

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:25 am

Don't worry Jin Su, I won't quit :) *hugs* I'm actually starting up another project once I stop by the art store today to get more paper.
Honestly though, I can't even bash the likenesses he's got on the people, they're so good. Only once in a while they're off a little.

WhiteViper85

Post by WhiteViper85 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:50 pm

wow the pic looks just like Natile, good job.

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:48 pm

For those of you interested, I've been faithfully adding to my icons section and these are the latest.

I'm going to put them under a spoiler tag so they don't have to load every time you view this page.
Show Spoiler
01Image 02Image 03Image 04Image 05Image 06Image 07Image 08Image 09Image 10Image 11Image 12Image 13Image 14Image 15Image 16Image 17Image 18Image 19Image 20Image 21Image 22Image

#15 won second place in a little contest as well, so I'm happy about that :)

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:39 am

Great job, but you know I love your icons. I really like what you've done with them. I've been working on a few myself. I'll have to put a few together. :)