Digital Help and Tutorials

Share your saga fan art and fan fiction for all to see.
CoolVader

Post by CoolVader » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:25 pm

I made it! I hope I do better! I just do the exactly everything but not same picture. lol

"He is my brother"

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:34 am

I like it! Good job!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

CoolVader

Post by CoolVader » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:00 am

Thanks! I will post more avatars in my topic.
"He is my brother"

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:01 pm

That is a very nice avatar CoolVader. Looks like that tutorial that Abrynne posted is producing some good work. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:51 pm

Jedi Power wrote:Abrynne,

Can you also do a good tutorial like this for creating wallpapers as well? I would love to learn how you create some of the effects and shots that you do. Keep up the great work!
I could, is there a specific wallpaper you're referring to?

It would be a little more involved but I'll have to see what I can come up with.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:16 am

I know for me the size of the pictures is very hard to get. What size is an average wallpaper? What size is an average Avatar? I know that I asked you those when I first started. There are standards and I think people new to wallpapers and avatars need that.

Also keeping the photos from getting fuzzy is my other most difficult thing and I have that even now. I didn't go through your tutorial all the way (Work has been tying me up lately) but if you haven't covered that, it would be good because I know in my first couple of wallpapers it was an issue.

THANKS ABRYNNE!! Thanks to everyone who helped with my pix!

JJS
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:36 am

Jedi Jin Su wrote:I know for me the size of the pictures is very hard to get. What size is an average wallpaper? What size is an average Avatar? I know that I asked you those when I first started. There are standards and I think people new to wallpapers and avatars need that.
Sizes:
Icons/Avatars
100x100 pixles or within that range meaning you can have 75x100 pixles or whatever you like.

Wallpapers:
Range in sizes from
800x600
1024x768
1280x1024
You'll rarely run into sizes between those or larger than those. I usually make 1280x1024 because it fits my desktop. But the default with most I've found is 1024x768
Also keeping the photos from getting fuzzy is my other most difficult thing and I have that even now. I didn't go through your tutorial all the way (Work has been tying me up lately) but if you haven't covered that, it would be good because I know in my first couple of wallpapers it was an issue.
I did cover that in the little tutorial I did with icons. I've illustrated it in one of the steps so when you get the chance it will be there for you to take a look at :)

With wallpapers it's a little more difficult to find suitable images than for icons. With icons you can get away with almost any image as long as it's a decent quality, and that's the biggest thing. Make sure the quality of the image you want to use is decent.
Depending on what you want to do with the images in your wallpaper, it's good to get them at a good resolution so it gives you a little more room to edit than a smaller image would.

I've got stuff going on this week but I'll try and do a simple wallpaper tutorial when I can.

CoolVader

Post by CoolVader » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:25 pm

Can I post the tutorials of wallpaper, Abrynne? I just like to share to help with the guys.
"He is my brother"

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:08 pm

Sure. It isn't just for Abrynne.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

CoolVader

Post by CoolVader » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:39 pm

Okay. I will post tonight or tomorrow, hopefully! I am not on my computer. I am on my dads computer. Be patience 8)
"He is my brother"