Share your saga fan art and fan fiction for all to see.
Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:38 am

Lone Trooper, you don't really need a high-end or expensive graphics program to do good stuff.

Look at my avatar for an example. It is not a shot from ROJ or a photo of an actor in costume, it's a photo of one of those mini-busts, which the shadows I had to re-colour, the brightness I had to alter to highlight some detail in the hands and gun, and I had to add the forest in the background. All that was done with a program which is over ten years old! I use Corel Photopaint that I payed $20 for many years ago.

I'm sure you could do some good stuff with your program; all you need is a bit of practice with it. Instead of using one tool for an effect, try layering them: use one on top of the other to achieve what you want. Just keep trying things.

By the way Lone Trooper, nice to have you as a new member.

Glenn B

Post by Glenn B » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:54 pm

Welcome Lone Trooper

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:08 am

That's a great new fancy avatar Glenn B!

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:02 pm

I just noticed that myself. You must have worked really hard at it, congrats. By the way Craig, I noticed your description of your avatar, very cool how you designed it! It looks like it is from one of the movies. I was convinced.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Glenn B

Post by Glenn B » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:21 pm

Thanx, Unfortunately this is not a totally original Avatar, It is an album cover by my favorite Band "Black Label Society" The Album was called "Stronger Than Death", I seen a simalar disign on a BLS site, I basically just added the Red Lightsabers for the Star Wars feel.
I Really like both your guys Avatars. Also I have a greater appreciation for your Avatar Craig, Knowing the amount of work that went into it, I mean I'be been viewing your work on Galactic Voyage for a year or so now and have always thoroughly enjoyed your work.

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:37 pm

Thanks to you two. Even though yours Glenn B is not entirely original the additions of yours make it work. Jin Su's current avatar is one of hers I like the best too.

That brings to an end the annual meeting of the mutual admiration society. Same time and place next year?:wink:

Glenn B

Post by Glenn B » Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:40 pm

As of today I've gone back to using my Vader avatar, mostly due to friends at work who have taken on the role of critics as a second job. In the end I think I like this one better anyway maybe because I made it from a fanart piece I posted at GV, but I'm leaving a link to the avatar being discussed in the last couple of post for anyone curious about it.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2402/deathaj4.gif

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:20 am

I like to change them around too. It gets pretty dull if the avatar doesn't change at least once in a while. :)
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Lone Trooper

Post by Lone Trooper » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:16 am

I've made a clone trooper emote. It's not that good but here it is. Sorry it's not a avatar or icon.
Show Spoiler
[/url]

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:09 pm

I like it! :D
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Lone Trooper

Post by Lone Trooper » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:03 am

Thank you :D

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:20 am

I have never seen emoticon art. Great job!

Craig

Post by Craig » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:58 am

It's a good little emoticon Lone Trooper.

Jedi Master
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Master » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:13 am

Eventually I will finish my new Yoda avatar soon. Patching together 5 different images of Yoda to complete one whole one is not an easy thing. It is a lot of fun though! Hopefully it will turn out decent in the end. Maybe I'll post the images I'm using and my progess thus far if anyone is interested.

Photoshop CS2 is a powerful ally indeed.
Jedi Master - JediSource
http://www.therealjedisource.net

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:56 pm

I always like to see new things. I have just acquired CS2 at work and starting to work with it for our publications. It seems very good to work with. Let's see what you have!