The Craig Burt Collection

Share your saga fan art and fan fiction for all to see.
Jedi Power
Global Moderator

The Craig Burt Collection

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:46 pm

Here is something that Craig did for you ladies!
This one may not be liked by allot of Star Wars fans, but I can't really help that.
It comes about via the conversations in our SW Forums by female fans and their liking for more Jedi 'eye candy'.

I did try to give them some satisfaction a while ago, but, at the time I was sick of Star Wars paintings and could only offer a couple of poor drawings. I decided to try and do a better version for them (and they know who they are).

The scene is before TPM, Obi-Wan is a bit younger and perhaps a bit arrogant and impatient. Its a late afternoon training session for Kenobi and he's a bit fed-up. He stands with a 'Why do I have do do it that way, I've already done this?' look on his face (said with a bit of a smirk), while Qui-Gon stands with, 'Well do you think you know better than me young buck?' look on his face. Well that's how I see it anyway.

Remember it is still a Star Wars painting people - there's a lightsaber and a training remote, it must be Star Wars! Though I do get the feeling I left the cop, construction worker and the Indian out of the picture. How does that tune go again?

Craig~~~~~~~~~~
See the pictureat Galactic Voyage!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:44 pm

Heeee, I know! I've got it posted on AMA as well.

I can't understand why people find it SO hard to believe that girls would be as interested in Star Wars as guys are. Duuuuhr! LOL

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:50 pm

I saw that on Abrynne's site, I was surprised Craig was still doing pictures for us.

I like the combat angle as well as a nice Jedi body or two. :)

Still though, I wouldn't mind practicing my lightsaber techniques with Obi Wan or even the Qui Master there. Could you imagine how cool it would be to go against Mace? That would be so awesome! In addition to being cool you would have super amounts of prestige if you could just last a few rounds with him.

Then of course there are those healing sessions. All Jedi must learn healing arts for work in the field. These are important things, I did not just make them up, it's in the Jedi Handbook, check it out...

:)
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:11 pm

LOL Oh, oh, I claim saber practice sessions with Qui-Gon! He'd be a kind trainer I think, soft spoken, never yell or get frustrated but firm....with a joke or two ;)

Jedi Illadriel

Post by Jedi Illadriel » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:18 pm

That's a very good picture!
But...girls would like the pic anyways even without the missing shirts. lol. Those characters are cool no matter what but...unless it was bad in...(can't say) then then it would probably be a little disturbing to us girls. lol.
I know I would be. lol.
I'm just glad that it's only the shirts. lol.
I surely hope that you agree with me on this one...lol
Jedi Illadriel/Darth Illatris

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:17 pm

I think this one's my favorite of Craig's shirtless collection LOL
Click the thumbnail for full image.

Jedi Illadriel

Post by Jedi Illadriel » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:37 pm

That ones prety cool.
It's got all the "good" characters
Jedi Illadriel/Darth Illatris

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:23 pm

I would have liked to see Yoda with only his cloak and top off. I bet he would have been buff.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Craig

Post by Craig » Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:58 pm

Thanks for starting the topic JP. You did suggest it via email, but, I thought Abrynne's got it at AMA, you've got it at Galactic Voyage - that's enough. Plus Abrynne mentioned it in her sites thread.
Jedi Power wrote:I would have liked to see Yoda with only his cloak and top off. I bet he would have been buff.
Buff gremlin?

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:40 am

You know... Muscular and ripped. Not Hulk like. :lol:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Mara Skywalker

Post by Mara Skywalker » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:07 pm

Oh my! I liked it! I would have loved them if he had included Anakin as well, as he's my favorite. I also like Obi-Wan better with a beard. What muscles though! :D
Somethings wrong. I'm not the Jedi I should be. -Anakin Skywalker

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:27 am

Mara Skywalker wrote:Oh my! I liked it! I would have loved them if he had included Anakin as well, as he's my favorite. I also like Obi-Wan better with a beard. What muscles though! :D
Anakin is who started all this. A while ago I did some shirtless Anakins and the girls here bemoaned the lack of other jedi to look at, so I did some shirtless Obi-Wans and Qui-Gons. Anakin was specifically left out of this painting.

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:59 am

It wouldn't have been right with the timeline anyway, sticking Anakin in there as an adult when Qui-Gon's there and Obi-Wan still as a padawan. *hears Twilight Zone music*

Here are the ones Craig did of Anakin if you'd like to take a look Mara:
Anakin 1
Anakin 2
and!
Young Obi-Wan

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:59 am

I think the ones of Anakin were good too.

I think that the artwork is great. I admire anyone who can put ink or pastels to paper (or brush or pencil or what have you). Stick figures are my forte.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:45 am

Craig Burt's Jedi Power's Gore

Craig Burt has provided his newest outstanding painting to the Featured Artist section at Galactic Voyage! This one is near and dear to me because it is me! Craig had mentioned to me several weeks ago that he had created a painting that featured himself and Vader. (the former webmaster of the now closed Alderaan Online) He offered to do the same for me and gave me a clean canvas in which to create my world.

I decided on one of my most memorable moments from Star Wars, the invasion on the Tantive IV from Star Wars: A New Hope. I thought that I could be the Sith Lord who was taking over the ship, but in order to do that instead of Darth Vader it would need to be more of an alternate universe.

I asked Craig to create the stormtroopers in the Ralph McQuarrie style with shields and lightsabers. I also specifically asked to be stabbing a Rebel trooper with my lightsaber as I used the Force to choke down another.

I must say that Craig's ability to take some words from an e-mail and create them on paper like he did is just phenomenal! He had all the elements I had asked for and had envisioned in my mind. The detail is spectacular and I can't thank him enough for the opportunity to see myself in the Star Wars universe. Thanks a million Craig!

I hope you will enjoy this piece as much as I do. At least you get to see me, even if I am a little mad while reeking havoc!

You can get the full size picture here.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage