The gist on the upcoming SW T.V. show!

Discuss other Star Wars television shows and animated features (Droids, Ewoks, Holiday Special).
Abrynne

The gist on the upcoming SW T.V. show!

Post by Abrynne » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:52 pm

Apparently it will take place between Episode III and ANH and will cover the story/stories of Jabba's palace dancer girls.
The main character played by Scott Bacula...Indeed, it seems that Jabba's tastes aren't very profound.

*grins* April Fools, guys! I figured that since no one has tried it yet that I should give it a go. *runs away!*

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:12 pm

You have got to be kidding. Well I must admit that even I am dumbfounded by the profound lack of insight and intelligence on this planning.

It doesn't appeal to prequel Jedi fans nor Original Trilogy fans nor gamers and young people who get into the New Jedi Order. So just who do they think they will attract with this? :roll:

Thanks for the info Abrynne!! :)
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:14 pm

Abrynne

There was a pretty good GL spoof posted today on the front page of the X-Wing Alliance Upgrade Project, too. :lol:

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:16 pm

LOL That's a good one Wildstar! My first fool was on my live journal. I'm a member of an HP group and someone posted that J.K. Rowling is postponing the release of the sixth book to 2006.

But the best one so far is on MuggleNet.com

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:51 am

Ok, didn't get the April Fool's joke. See no sense of humor at work. I was reading it in between meetings. Abrynne, for that, we will be sending you to Tochi station.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Col Ric Hawkins

Re: The gist on the upcoming SW T.V. show!

Post by Col Ric Hawkins » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:33 am

[quote="Abrynne"]Apparently it will take place between Episode III and ANH and will cover the story/stories of Jabba's palace dancer girls.
The main character played by Scott Bacula...Indeed, it seems that Jabba's tastes aren't very profound.quote]

Well, since Enterprise tanked......you never know.. :wink:
Colonel Ric Hawkins
CO, New Republic Fighter Group: Knight Squadron
http://www.knightsquadronhq.drakesworks.com/main.php

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:30 pm

There is going to be a saga on the sc-fi channel.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:14 pm

lol! I was waiting for an image of the dancer girl(s) to load in that large gap between text. After waiting several seconds I finally read the line below that said april fools. LOL!
http://obiwankenobi29.tripod.com
You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would, destroy the Sith, not join them.
Anakin: I hate you!
Obi-Wan: You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:36 am

I know Ric lol It's sad, but not about Enterprise. I love Star Trek but I loathe that series so.... yeah, I hope they make a better one next time.

But anyway, don't you think this could be a likely premise after Desperate Houswives ends?

Craig

Post by Craig » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:35 am

Abrynne wrote:It's sad, but not about Enterprise. I love Star Trek but I loathe that series so.... yeah, I hope they make a better one next time.
What is it you don't like about ST Enterprise? I heard recently that it had been axed, and that it was unpopular. It makes me wonder exactly why. Could you explain why you think that from an American point of view? It didn't seem much different to all the other Star Trek series' to me. Though there where a couple of small things that did annoy me about it.

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:41 am

Okay *flexes typing fingers* Reasons why I didn't like "Enterprise" as I had the other series':

1)The premise did have some promise and potential for good stories but the Star Trek writers fell into the same hole they dug themselves into with Voyager and the Kazaan for the first few seasons. Episode after FREAKING episode about the blasted whaddyacallem? Zindee? (sp?) Over and OVER again with the same speicies. TNG kind of stepped into that trap as well with several Klingon episodes, ugh. But Voyager and TNG got out of that, thank heavens.

2) Besides having no chemistry between the actors, the actors themselves weren't very good at what they were getting payed to do, ACT! They simply grated on my nerves whenever I watched them, trying to give them a fair chance, but it simply wasn't possible! (and who on EARTH casted that "security" officer whom Tasha Yar could've beaten up?) The forced dialogue and "unsure-of-what-emotion-I'm-supposed-to-be-experiencing-now" thing.

3) Every ST had a sex symbol of course. Troi, Dax, Seven of Nine and then we get T'Pol? Don't get me wrong, she's pretty and everything but if you're going to freaking cast a model with chiselled abs and puffy lips playing a character that DOES NOT show emotion of any kind you're digging yourself another hole there. Gawl! And she was annoying. I liked all the other sex symbols, they were at least interesting.

4) If your main character, the captain, doesn't appeal to the audience as he/she should, as a leader and yet confidant and mentor, you'll loose the audience. Archer seemed like a twelve-year-old in that uniform, forcing his cheesy dialogue (I know Star Trek has always been somewhat cheesy, but YEESH!) trying to convince his crew, himself, and the audience that he's making a tough decision about something. He didn't have the spunk of Janeway, the grace and intelligence of Picard, and the toughness and humor of Sisko, he seemed almost.....wimpy, to me anyway.
And I'm sorry, but NO captain in their right mind would sacrifice the people of another vessel, offering him their assistance in the first place, to save his own hiny. Gawl that episode pissed me off!

The only somewhat cool episode was the one where they managed to sqeeze the Borg into the story line. And of course, how can an episode with the Borg not be cool? (except for that one with Hugh and Lore *rolls eyes*)

I love Star Trek as much as the next Sci-Fi nerd, but I also appreciate quality and will not lap up anything Paramount dangles in front of my nose and calls Star Trek.
Bottom line: Enterprise was dissapointing and apparently, not to myself alone.

Craig

Post by Craig » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:43 am

Why do I get the impression you don't like this show? :D

The single theme of the show is worse than the previous Trek shows, but it didn't seem to bother me that much.

Your observation on the acting may be right. I didn't even notice, but when I think on it they may be a bit 'stiffer' than those in the past.

On the sex-symbol topic. I actually came to like T'Pol. My first thought was; 'how annoying to be named after a 1980's pop group' but then remembered it's T'pau not T'Pol. In the visual stakes I don't like her that much, she is too skinny, but pretty. And she has short hair, and that is one of my pet hates with womens appearence. So that made me wonder why I liked her at all.
Then I remembered a cat I once had. She too was skinnny, grey (think T'Pol had a grey uniform at the start) ,beautiful and a cold hearted bitch also.
Seven of Nine I didn't like visually either, but I did like her character.
Troi I hated. Visually she apealed, but her character annoyed the hell out of me.
Dax. Is she from Deep Space Nine? Liked her until she cut her hair. :lol:

On Deep Space Nine. Didn't like that series at all. It was Star Trek trying to be gritty and realistic. That was unconvincing in the chesey, prim trek universe. Star Wars does a much better version of that.

On Archer. I thought he was okay. But then I might have watched too many episodes of Quantum Leap. Janeway (sp?) was my favourite of the captains.

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:36 pm

I liked Quantum Leap so go figure with that.

And don't start me on defense of women with short hair for I too have short hair lol

The thing about Seven of Nine that was cool was yes, she is a thin, well figured blonde but she looks like she could kick yer butt if you know what I mean. The only thing I didn't understand was that after she'd been in the collective for such a long time in those flat-footed....Borg shoes I guess you could say, they went and put her in two inch heels on Voyager *giggles*

And yes Dax is from Deep Space Nine. I liked Jatzia (sp?) and Ezrie both. They both had their little quirks and were both attracted to Julian Bashir (Yummy!) lol

Craig

Post by Craig » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:11 am

Abrynne wrote:And don't start me on defense of women with short hair for I too have short hair lol
Declare scissors your enemy! :twisted:
Abrynne wrote:The thing about Seven of Nine that was cool was yes, she is a thin, well figured blonde but she looks like she could kick yer butt if you know what I mean. The only thing I didn't understand was that after she'd been in the collective for such a long time in those flat-footed....Borg shoes I guess you could say, they went and put her in two inch heels on Voyager *giggles*
I see what you mean about Seven of Nine, she did seem more capable in security than T'Pol. But T'Pol is meant to be a different species, so that makes it a bit believable. On Seven's shoes. They usually put such women in heals because it makes them more appealing. But one of the reasons may be that Seven was a bit of what I call 'a short arse', that, her legs where a bit on the short side.

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:03 am

That's not true, they put her in heels so she'd walk like a model all the time. Jeri Ryan is quite tall in her own right without heels. T'Pol was extremely short...ugh and annoying.

And when YOU have fine, thin hair that lays flat no matter WHAT you do with it when it's long lets see how long you can go before you go mad with scissors.