Is this good news or what!?

Discuss other Star Wars television shows and animated features (Droids, Ewoks, Holiday Special).
Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon May 03, 2004 3:22 pm

Lucas has stated in interviews recently that a possible TV show might not be along the lines of Star Wars as we know it. He said there is a vast galaxy and a very long timeline that he might like to explore. We may not even see any part of the Empire vs. the Alliance. With the great success of the Knights of the Old Republic video game, I would not be suprised at all to see a show based in this time period. :stardestroyer:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Craig

Post by Craig » Tue May 04, 2004 3:38 am

Me want Vader and gang or I'll start killing Ewoks. :P Perhaps I should do that anyway.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue May 04, 2004 9:48 am

He would have to include Vader anyway in this TV series since Ep III is the "birth" of Vader so to speak. It will be how Vader kills off the Jedi. How the Children grow up the way they did and the beginnings of the Rebellion.

That should satisfy all you rogues out there. Not to mention the Ewoks have done nothing to you. I better finish up that Coruscant Courier so you know how serious a force they are.... :twisted:
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Sat May 08, 2004 11:27 am

Jedi Jin Su wrote:He would have to include Vader anyway in this TV series since Ep III is the "birth" of Vader so to speak. It will be how Vader kills off the Jedi. How the Children grow up the way they did and the beginnings of the Rebellion.

That should satisfy all you rogues out there. Not to mention the Ewoks have done nothing to you. I better finish up that Coruscant Courier so you know how serious a force they are.... :twisted:
Jin Su, what you're forgetting is that the Republic already lost a large number of Jedi in the Battle of Geonosis (I forgot what the quoted number of Jedi was in "Attack of the Clones", but it was only something along the lines of a hundred to a couple hundred), and the Clone Wars micro-series continued that trend (at least when General Grievous got involved in the last chapter). The rest of the trained Jedi, with the exception of Yoda and Obi-Wan, could very easily go by the boards in Episode 3, leaving only Yoda and Obi-Wan in the TV series' timeline (assuming that the time between Episodes 3 and 4 will be the basis for it).
Last edited by Wildstar on Fri Aug 27, 2004 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri May 21, 2004 5:01 am

This from AICN:

Yep, been a long time since my last report. But I like to save up. So it's time to cash out. Yep, there is a Star Wars TV show on the way. Yep, it takes place between Episode 3 and 4. Yep, the character and story arcs are starting to come together. Hehe... fanboys are gonna love this! Playing one of the series' villans we love to hate is none other than... wait for it... Boba Fett! Expect young Boba (but not nearly as young as in Ep. 2) to feature in the series significantly. And you wondered why Lucas spent so much time focusing on that kid in Attack of the Clones and made sure that you knew that he knew that the Jedi/Republic was responsible for his Dad's death. Now you know.

Cooper the Hound

Mirendabeth

Post by Mirendabeth » Sat May 22, 2004 7:08 am

Wow, I never knew they were even thinking about a TV series! That would be well cool, sounds like a good plan as well :)
There is an exception to every rule, and most of the time it's me! :wink:

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Sat May 22, 2004 8:16 pm

If you read the EU on starwars.com there are over 10,000 Jedi trained. That does not include Padwans and Younglings. There are also Force Sensitives in the big old Universe. I understand that a lot were killed at Geonosis. Hey even a 1,000 is a huge dent. But there are bound to be stragglers to help form the rebellion.

I think that will be interesting about a tv show.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Craig

Post by Craig » Sun May 23, 2004 2:05 am

I'll side with JJS. I hope and think there should be Jedi in the TV series. It would be the perfect opportunity to show Vader wiping out the Jedi as Ben Kenobi said in ANH.

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:05 am

More news from TFN

3 More Films or a Star Wars TV Show?
Fri, Aug 27, 04 02:21:32 AM EDT

snap-hiss files this analysis after reading recent reports on ILM and the infamous NDAs. Do signs point more to a live action TV show rather than 3 more films? We are starting to agree with this - and you should note TFN posted a few months ago the probability of a Young Indy series coming to the SW universe. Check this out:
Hey guys, snap-hiss here... just wanted to send you something I've been thinking about for the past few days that really seems to make since with what we know so far in regards to the reports about three more films.
Lucas has said many times that there will be no more SW films after Episode 3, however he has said that with the success of the Clone Wars Cartoon Shorts there is a strong possibility of more SW on the small screen. The recent reports of non disclosure agreements being given to ILM employees regarding Episodes 7-9 could easily have simply covered Star Wars material on the timeline post Return of the Jedi, and whoever leaked it just took this to mean three more films would be made, as this has been conjecture for years. If this is the case I would say then that Lucas is planning a live action television series that takes place after ROTJ. First the reasons why it is doubtful there will be three more films, then I'll give my reasons for believing the non disclosure agreements were regarding a television project.

The report stated that it was ILM employees who were given the NDAs to sign. This itself doesn't fit because ILM would be the very last people to work on the film, they don't get work until after photography is wrapped, and to have them sign an NDA for films that don't even have scripts yet... just doesn't sound right. Also even if he had plans in his head to do these films they would be on hold for quite some time. He has a number of projects lined up for after Return of the Sith including the fourth Indiana Jones film, so it would be really jumping the gun to tell his staff about this, something that he couldn't even start writing for another 2-3 years at the soonest, and with the extreme level of secrecy kept on even the films we know about, it would be an odd move for him to just throw out information so early that he knows would be leaked. I could see him just telling maybe John Knoll and Rob Coleman only, but in that case it wouldn't have been leaked in the first place.

Now, as far as the reasons for believing a show is in the works... we all know Lucas loves to release different things simultaneously to build hype. Next spring we will get more animated Clone Wars shorts weeks before Episode 3 opens, and this would be an excellent time to announce such a move. Also, if he were to make a live action show it would no doubt be a staging ground for a ton of digital effects, just like what he did with the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles show, hence ILM being brought on board now as their schedules would need to be cleared, PLUS it would be the newer and lesser experienced artists in ILM that are not working on big budget films (e.g. ROTS) that would be brought on for this project, so it makes sense then that this information could have been leaked by one or more of these people which is how we found out about the non disclosure agreements in the first place.

I predict that we can expect to hear unofficial rumblings beginning sometime within the next six months regarding this, and an official announcement by April of next year, probably at Celebration 3.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:08 pm

I wouldn't mind a live action tv show. The sequel movies I would mind. I don't think 3 more movies should be made.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Craig

Post by Craig » Tue May 10, 2005 3:00 am

I first learnt this last night while flipping TV chanels and caught the end of an interview with George Lucas. I tried to pick my jaw up from the floor and coprehend what I was hearing.

This compounded my surprise at seeing, earlier in the evening, Hayden Christensen doing Chanel 10 promos - an unusual sight.

Fortunatley the info was out yesterday morning in an Australian newspaper The Daily Telegraph. So I can add the info here.

Eveybody start dancing NOW. :gsaber: :leia: :bsaber:
Sydney force to fill gaps in TV Star Wars

By MICHAEL BODY Showbiz Editor

May 9, 2005

GEORGE Lucas is bringing the force back to Sydney. The writer-director of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith confirmed he will bring production of a live-action television series to Sydney.

"I am looking forward to coming back and working there some more," Lucas told The Daily Telegraph.

"We're going to do a live action show based on minor characters in the Star Wars series.

"It's a spin-off, it doesn't involve any of the key characters.

"It's a different world unto itself between episodes three (Revenge of the Sith) and four (Star Wars: A New Hope)."

Producer Rick McCallum confirmed the Australian series was "definite as definite can be", although the timing of it was still to be determined.

"It's a definite that we do it -- the rest we haven't discussed on any level," McCallum said.

"We only finished the film (Revenge of the Sith) last Tuesday. George is thinking maybe we can do a series somewhere between episode three and four because that's the longest break (in the film series), 20 years.

"The Death Star takes 20 years to build so we need to work that out."

McCallum said the move to Australia was mainly due to the Government recently extending its 12.5 per cent refundable tax offset for foreign films to large budget television series.

The intention was to produce 100 hour-long episodes -- that being the number necessary to sell the series into lucrative television syndication.

The series was still a long way from being crewed and cast, but McCallum said it would use Sydney actors and crew -- and a variety of directors.

After the worldwide release of Revenge of the Sith from May 19, Lucas returns this winter for an Australia-wide holiday.

McCallum will also spend time at his Darling Point home.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue May 10, 2005 11:30 am

That sounds interesting. Since it is potentially a 5 year show at 100 episodes that could be very interesting. That is a pretty big commitment. I hope they get some pretty good writers. You could do some neat things with mercenaries and the Storm Troopers and the complete take over of the Empire. Because the final take over of the Empire didn't happen until Episode IV when the Emperor took control of the Senate away from the Senate and put it into the hands of the Regional Governors as Grand Moff Tarkin informs us. Plus you have the smuggling angle and the rise of the Bounty Hunters on the Jedi which is in the EU as early as the Cestus Deception.

ARC Ranger

Post by ARC Ranger » Tue May 10, 2005 4:39 pm

One word: SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

Craig

Post by Craig » Mon May 16, 2005 2:45 am

For those who don't know (mostly me who doesn't visit starwars sites much appart from this one) here's some more info on the TV series - from TFN.

From a fan at Celebration III:

I met Amy on Saturday and got her autograph and the usual conversation. I asked her about her status in ROTS. She said that she
Show Spoiler
"does not die"
and that she is "hoping that George will call her, in regards to the television series" and that they have briefly discussed a role for her. Whether that is a starring role, or a supporting role, Aayla Secura is mostly confirmed to be a character in the new series.

Here's what we've been told officially about the upcoming live-action TV series from Lucasfilm.

100 episodes
1 hour each
based on a spinoff character
Lucas will direct first season
write season one at one time
film season one at one time
takes place between ROTS and ANH

Could my dreams of having Jedi in action be coming true?

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Mon May 16, 2005 5:13 am

I will say "I told you so" not all the Jedi can die in one fell swoop. Aayla Secura is quite a favorite of the fan crowd so it makes sense.

I think you would have to have some of the Jedi live on and even GL has admitted some go into hiding and the EU just hasn't covered that yet.

I think it might be quite good.