Is this good news or what!?

Discuss other Star Wars television shows and animated features (Droids, Ewoks, Holiday Special).
Craig

Is this good news or what!?

Post by Craig » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:45 am

There have been some rumours recently that I thought too good to be true, but here's hoping. From The Force.net 22 Jan 04:

We might finally have it. People we trust are telling us that there's a TV show on the design table. Instead of a Rogue Squadron series (which we first theorized some time ago), they may be looking at a post Episode 3 - pre Episode 4 about the rise of Darth Vader and why he is so feared in the OT.

We cannot confirm yet if the show is intended as live-action or animated (like Clone Wars). Since this is all in the early stages, it could change further down in pre-production. More as we get it - just thought you'd like to know what we're hearing.

To read the earlier part go here. I'm practically bouncing in my seat. :leia:

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:03 pm

I would have preferred a Rogue Squadron series.

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Jan 23, 2004 2:04 am

Ah Zack you are a rogue at heart. The news still made my day.

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:58 pm

I just like piloting. I love fighter pilot games :P

And real-life flying as well: I'm a cadet in the Royal Air Force. I was supposed to go on my first flight last week, but it was cancelled. :cry:

Still, not as much fun as shooting up TIEs, eh? :D

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:23 pm

SWEET! I would have liked a Rouge Squadron series too but this is just as good to me.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:46 am

The news keeps getting better! From TFN:

Star Wars TV Series in 2006
Thu, Apr 29, 04 01:51:10 AM EDT

We're continuing to hear about the direction for Lucasfilm and Star Wars post-Episode III. While there won't be more movies, we continue to hear the move is to TV. Sources are now telling us that there WILL be a TV series in 2006.
They don't know whether it'll be live-action, animated or both - Lucasfilm itself will decide on this later this year!

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:27 am

Wow this is very interesting! It will be cool to see what they will do with it. I would like live action, as I am not a big fan of the clone wars cartoon. However, it sounds interesting none the less.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Master » Sat May 01, 2004 8:04 am

Awesome! I hope this goes through either way, whether live action or not. It would be great to have on TV and would pull in some fans new and old. :)
Jedi Master - JediSource
http://www.therealjedisource.net

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Sat May 01, 2004 6:10 pm

I do not see how they can make a post-3 series without giving away too much in Ep 3 itself.

Craig

Post by Craig » Sun May 02, 2004 2:56 am

Zack Lyons wrote:I do not see how they can make a post-3 series without giving away too much in Ep 3 itself.
There are, supposedly, about 30 years between EP 3 and EP 6, that gives plenty of room to move in terms of story. Whoever lives or dies in EP 3 simply determines who can be in the story, as I would see it. After EP 3 is simply the starting point.

Jedi Master
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Master » Sun May 02, 2004 12:25 pm

Craig wrote:
Zack Lyons wrote:I do not see how they can make a post-3 series without giving away too much in Ep 3 itself.
There are, supposedly, about 30 years between EP 3 and EP 6, that gives plenty of room to move in terms of story. Whoever lives or dies in EP 3 simply determines who can be in the story, as I would see it. After EP 3 is simply the starting point.
I agree with Craig. There is a long period of time in between the movies. I'm sure the time in between could make some good stories, especially with Vader being new and showing what he can do!
Jedi Master - JediSource
http://www.therealjedisource.net

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Sun May 02, 2004 12:50 pm

Also, a TV series based on the time period between the prequels and the classic trilogy would show how the Rebel Alliance came to being.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Sun May 02, 2004 4:10 pm

Wildstar wrote:Also, a TV series based on the time period between the prequels and the classic trilogy would show how the Rebel Alliance came to being.
How do you know we aren't going to see the rebel alliance formed in Episode III? I think all of these tv show rumors are still pretty far out because we don't even know exactly what is going to happen in the last film.

I can't believe I just said 'far out' :lol:
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Craig

Post by Craig » Mon May 03, 2004 1:49 am

viper2843 wrote:I can't believe I just said 'far out' :lol:
I'll second that. :wink: TFN again:

More SW TV Series Confirmation
Mon, May 03, 04 01:00:20 AM EDT

Sean writes in with this cool report to confirm work on a SW TV Show is most definitely happening:
I asked him about Star Wars' future and he got really excited and told me in thinly veiled comments that it is going to TV (live-action) . He couldn't go into details because he was under a legal contract.
So I asked this gentlemen if the show was pre-EP4, he said maybe with a smile, then I asked about Vader, and he had the same response, same with Chewbacca, same with Tarkin. Anyways he said Lucasfilm was really excited about this, and he did mention that there were to be no Episodes 7-9.

We've got more coming this week, but let's just say a TV Show is a definite thing, according to documents being distributed to licensees and marketing people now.

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Mon May 03, 2004 1:53 pm

viper2843 wrote:How do you know we aren't going to see the rebel alliance formed in Episode III? I think all of these tv show rumors are still pretty far out because we don't even know exactly what is going to happen in the last film.
You might be right, Viper, but IMO I don't think we see the Alliance in Episode 3 because the Empire just does come to fruition. Without the Empire, there can be nothing to rebel against. Most of the literature I've seen about the period between Episodes 3 and 4 points to the Empire having existed for at least a few years before there was enough discontent in the galaxy that the seeds of rebellion were planted.

More evidence of the timeline of the formation of the Rebel Alliance can be found in the Ep. 4 opening scroll. In it, it says the Alliance won its very first battle against the Empire (the one which resulted in the procurement of the Death Star plans by the Alliance). True, there has to be a buildup of military power on the part of the Alliance, but that's just what a TV series might show. :wink: