Rick McCallum talks live-action Star Wars

Discuss other Star Wars television shows and animated features (Droids, Ewoks, Holiday Special).
Wildstar

Rick McCallum talks live-action Star Wars

Post by Wildstar » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:56 am

http://www.starwars.com/community/fancl ... 70907.html

Some excerpts from McCallum's interview in Star Wars Insider #96...among other things, he said he hoped to have a crew of writers from around the world together by the end of the year to write the scripts next year and that they hoped to begin shooting in 2009. McCallum also said that broadband download would be a definite possibility for distributing the show.

Bonus: McCallum talks Star Wars 3-D :D

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:28 am

That would be interesting. I thought they already had a team of writers together. Hopefully this comes together soon. Of course I am always free! :lol:
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:12 am

I'm liking the idea of broadband download but I kinda want to be able to watch in HD as well. I hope they do something like subscribe to the show on the Internet and get a DVD at the end of the season so you can watch them on a regular TV.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:40 pm

It just won't happen. That would be to intelligent! :lol:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:06 am

Jedi Power wrote:It just won't happen. That would be to intelligent! :lol:
The rational side that knows that your right. Lucasfilm wouldn't do a thing like that. But a guy can dream can't he? :D :lol: 8)
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:05 pm

If there was a way to do this through pay per view, they might be able to make quite a bit of money on it. That might spark some interest there. Maybe they could release so many to the general public but with a subscription/dvd release you could get like 5 bonus shows or something. It could make it worth while for fans. I know that they did something similar with some of the series on Sci Fi and on BBC America.

I want to say it was the Robin Hood series on BBC America and Battlestar Galactica on the Sci Fi network. You got something extra like an extra episode or two for buying the dvd. You also could buy the pay per view.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master