TV Show Update

Discuss other Star Wars television shows and animated features (Droids, Ewoks, Holiday Special).
viper2843
Administrator

TV Show Update

Post by viper2843 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:51 pm

IGN Filmforce had this to say about the Star Wars TV shows.
March 7, 2006 - Now could be a very good time for George Lucas's two anticipated television series set in the Star Wars universe. Thanks to shows like Battlestar Galactica and Lost, sci-fi and speculative themes are really getting noticed. Lucasfilm's fan relations man, Steve Sansweet, emphasized recently that carving a niche in the crowded world of TV would be a challenge, but one that Lucasfilm would meet by creating a compelling show.
Full article here.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

WhiteViper85

Post by WhiteViper85 » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:35 pm

I lilke BS:G i hope its going to be somthing like that. Just want more! lmao.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:28 am

I have heard that there might be some cameos from the movies if all the writing goes according to plan. So we may see a Tarkin or a Chancellor piece or maybe Mon Mothma since she was in that rise of Vader book.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:11 am

Rick McCallum on Star Wars TV

EmpireOnline.com has a new article about the Star Wars TV show. First up, the Stars Wars TV series that we’ve been hearing about since Sith came out. “That’s not going to happen probably for another year and a half while we develop scripts and everything else. But it’s fantastic; we’ve got some incredible writers. It’s going to be much darker, much more character-based, and I think it’s going to be everything the fans always wanted the prequels to be. They’ll be one-hour episode. It takes place between Episodes III and IV. It’s going to be all-new characters, maybe a few bounty hunters in there to start the series off.â€
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Fallen Jedi

Post by Fallen Jedi » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:47 pm

Wow sounds cool, i wish they did before Ep. 1 stuff though.

The boy you trained, gone he is. Consumed by Darth Vader. -Yoda

Craig

Post by Craig » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:00 pm

Jedi Power wrote:Rick McCallum on Star Wars TV
It’s going to be much darker, much more character-based, and I think it’s going to be everything the fans always wanted the prequels to be. They’ll be one-hour episode.
Is he admitting that the prequels wheren't what they should have been? Rumblings of discontent at the heart of the empire? Or has he just got too much hate-mail? :mrgreen:

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:17 am

I think he might just be admitting that the Prequels lacked a bit for the fans at least. Certainly not for George and Co., but for the fans. :)
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:37 am

Beloved Character to Return for Star Wars TV

Star Wars Series producer Rick McCullum spoke at the Empire Film Awards in London. The TV series will focus on the rise of Darth Vader's dark empire and will feature original actor Anthony Daniels, who played dithering droid C-3P0. None of the other cast, including Ewan McGregor in the prequels and Carrie Fisher in the first three movies, will be involved. Rick explained: "It'll all be new because the originals will all be too old. But we will be using Anthony as C-3P0 because there is such a thing as loyalty." Be sure to visit Mirror.co.uk to read the full article!

It will be great to see C-3PO and R2-D2 continuing to provide the thread that binds the Star Wars Saga together. Rick has also stated that we will follow other characters who did not play a major role in the films. There are a few characters who come to mind that could help tie Episode III to Episode IV and be reprised by the original actors. They would be Captain Antillies, Jimmy Smits as Bail Organa, and the return of Mon Mothma who was very convincing in the scenes that were cut from Episode III. All of these were minor characters and they would help us to continue to see the rise of the Rebellion. It might be a while before we know for sure, but we will just have to wait and see.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:44 pm

Here is part of an interview with George Lucas at MTV.com:

"In 2007, Lucas will begin work on a live-action "Star Wars" show set during the 18-year gap between Episodes III and IV. "We haven't started yet; I start that next year," the filmmaker said, adding that he's determined to write an entire first season before shooting begins on the show that will star "background" characters from that time period.

"None of the Skywalker story, none of that stuff is in there," he explained, shooting down any depiction of a young Han Solo acquiring the Millennium Falcon or running with Lando Calrissian. "It's completely different. The animated series has got all the characters in it. The one that comes after, the live-action one, is with people who were in 'Star Wars,' but they're not the main characters."

Lucas said the plot will be steered by characters such as Tie-Fighter or Rebel pilots, most only briefly glimpsed in the six "Star Wars" films."

Now this is the type of thing I like to hear! X-Wings and TIE Fighters going at it! I am sure we will learn some backstory of those pilots that died in the Death Star attack run. Cool!!
:xwing:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

CoolVader

Post by CoolVader » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:34 pm

WOW! Now! We can't wait to get next Spoiler TV show!!! I can't wait next year! I think thats problary after Celebration IV.
"He is my brother"

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:37 pm

A show about various pilots would be cool. Can you imagine a show with Wedge and a younger, lighter Porkins! I would watch that. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Glenn B

Post by Glenn B » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:04 pm

I also like the Idea of developing the smaller characters such as pilots and politicians but I still hope they touch on such important topics as The tracking down of the last Jedi and some sort of background mentions of Solo and his reputation as a great smuggler. These things only need to be mentioned offhandedly but have to be mentioned, Such is my opinion.

Really it doesn't matter what it's about, I'll still watch, I mean I watched The Christmas Special and still found bits and pieces I enjoyed.

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:16 pm

Warwick Davis welcomed prequel producer Rick McCallum to the Celebrity Stage at Celebration Europe for an update on projects he’s been involved with lately, such as the Star Wars live-action TV series, the Young Indiana Jones DVD series, and the yet-to-be-started Star Wars saga in 3-D. Here are the highlights from the live action conversation:

The Live Action Series:

- McCallum and Lucas were recently in London meeting writers for the Star Wars live action TV series.

- “We want to be able to take all this technology we’ve developed over the years and make it accessible to everybody and try to make each one of the episodes [of the live-action TV series] look like a major feature film with all the production values and visual effects that you would expect in a feature but do it for a television budget.â€
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:53 am

You would never think it would take so long, but I guess in order to have quality product one has to be patient. I don't know how actors and writers can do it. I'm sure this will be good. It sounds as if they are really taking their time making sure that everything is covered and that it can be very complex in the stories and scenes. I know there has been skepticism about whether or not a TV show would be high enough quality, but I think they are headed in the right direction.

What I have seen of the pieces, only the sneak peaks online and such, the new cartoon series looks very good indeed.

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Re: TV Show Update

Post by Jedi Power » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:26 am

The Collider has shed a little more light on what we might expect to see from the upcoming Star Wars Live-Action Series.

"I'm also told there is a difference between the animated show and the live-action one. What I’m hearing is they are really trying to make Star Wars cool again. To do this, both shows are going to appeal to two different audiences. The animated show is definitely geared for kids, with the hope that adults will tune in. But, the live-action show is the one that us grownups are going to care about. While I’m still building my live-action story on what I’ve heard (and trust me, I’ve heard some things) as I type this article, Lucasfilm is hard at work developing the scripts and the stories for what will take place. So if I were to say exactly what I’ve heard and they changed it, I’d look like I didn’t know what I was talking about. Therefore I’ll wait a bit longer. Once I know for sure they’ll be filming certain things, I’ll post an update."

But for those that want the bullet points of what I’ve heard…

- The live action and animated shows will be considered official canon of the star wars universe.
- The live-action show is going to end up on whatever network pays the most. However, I’ve heard they’re talking about the show being on HBO or even Showtime. Which jives with the slugline for the show…think Deadwood meets The Sopranos. Want a bit more? Could the live action show feature Gangsters? Could it follow the underworld of the Star Wars universe? Perhaps even a crime family? Have I said too much? Again, think Deadwood meets The Sopranos.
- The seasons for the live action show might be as short as 12 episodes… again…think Sopranos.
- The show is definitely PG-13. I’ve heard it’ll be dark. It’s definitely not being made for kids.
- The Skywalker story is finished. From what I’ve been told, their story is done and they aren’t on the live-action show at all. The show is new characters…with a few people you might know from the movies mixed in here and there.
- And for those that don’t know….the animated show takes place between episodes two and three, while the live-action is between three and four. Obviously some storylines might take place outside of those times, but that’s where the primary action takes place. Just like while the live action might follow a crime family, there will be episodes that focus on other things.

Be sure to read the entire article for more! Now to be honest, I have never seen Deadwood or The Sopranos. I just don't pay for any of the premium cable channels. However, I know enough about The Sopranos to get a feel for the type of style that could be presented. Hmmm... Crime family. Might we see some of the Hutts or perhaps the Black Sun? We will learn more as time rolls on. For now we can start gearing up for episodes of the CGI Clone Wars until this series gets off the ground. We will provide more as the story continues to unfold.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage