Star Wars: Clone Wars

Discuss topics on The Clone Wars animated television series here.
Col Ric Hawkins

Post by Col Ric Hawkins » Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:16 pm

I'll have to look that one up. I admit because of TPM, I kind of lost interest in anything prequil, but since ATOC, and the Clone Troopers, things have kind of picked up for me and Republic Commando was the first "prequil" book I ever bought
Colonel Ric Hawkins
CO, New Republic Fighter Group: Knight Squadron
http://www.knightsquadronhq.drakesworks.com/main.php

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:07 pm

Just a reminder to everyone that Season 3 of the series will air starting this Monday @ 7 PM ET on Cartoon Network, and each episode will be available on starwars.com the day following its airing.

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:24 pm

Interesting first episode of "Volume II". There were a few references to the OT in it, including a dream Yoda has that Qui Gon sends Anakin (the child, not the man) into the same cave he would send Luke into in "The Empire Strikes Back"...there's even the "Only what you take with you" exchange in it.
Last edited by Wildstar on Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:04 am

Yes, it was very similar to Empire, although I think it was very well done using him as a boy. I noticed that it was quite longer than the previous episodes, to my liking of course. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:16 pm

Forgot to mention I'll remove the spoiler tags after each episode is posted online.

More references to the OT. This time from Ep. 4: the "What an incredible smell you've discovered." and "There are alternatives to fighting." lines. It was also interesting seeing Count Dooku and General Grievous sparring...the former teaching the latter how to fight the best Jedi.

Edit: Anyone also notice that some of these Jedi have very strange diets? There was Yoda w/ his Dagobah stew in TESB and now we find that Anakin, quite literally, will eat anything. :lol:

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:22 pm

And the Clone Wars Battle of Coruscant has begun. Among the highlights, Mace Windu shows himself as a skilled pilot, though his fighter gets shot up due to the sheer droid numbers. However, he does commandeer a droid fighter and rides it to try to help turn the tide. Yoda also shows his great power, getting rid of four Trade Federation landing craft using only the Force. All of this while Obi-Wan and Anakin are preoccupied on that ice planet (don't ask me for the name). We also get quite a nasty surprise at the end. ;)
Last edited by Wildstar on Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Col Ric Hawkins

Post by Col Ric Hawkins » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:44 pm

I missed the first three becasue of work...Ill just have to wait until CN eventually runs all of them togeather, like they did with Season One with Samurai Jack
Colonel Ric Hawkins
CO, New Republic Fighter Group: Knight Squadron
http://www.knightsquadronhq.drakesworks.com/main.php

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:18 pm

Ric

Did you miss Volume I? If you did, it's now available on DVD. Also, there are no guarantees that they'll show all of the episodes of this volume together, so you might want to hop on the Cartoon Network site and watch them online.

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:22 pm

On Coruscant, we see Shaak Ti and the other Jedi fighting a running battle with General Grievous and his lieutenants while trying to protect Palpatine. On the ice planet (not Hoth, I don't think...if someone knows more about the characters and locations, please post), Anakin, during his trial, stumbles onto a secret Separatist project where they've been commandeering the native males of the ice planet and turning them into zombie-like warriors. Tomorrow's the last episode...it should be fun to watch! :D
Last edited by Wildstar on Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:44 pm

I picked up the Volume 1 DVD at target. I can't wait to pop it in the player and view them all again.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:17 pm

Anakin saves the natives of the ice planet, but, as I'm sure most of us know by now, Grievous succeeds in kidnapping Palpatine. All in all, a good lead-in to the movie we are about to see.

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:49 pm

I noticed over the weekend that starwars.com had taken down all of the "free" Clone Wars episodes. You know... the small sized version and moved everything under the Hyperspace banner. I started looking around and all the places that used to host the series have (like Cartoon Network) had them pulled down as well.

Now if I weren't a Hyperspace member, I would be really ticked that they are taking away the little "free" content they did provide. Heck, I am upset and I am a member! What's the deal here?

Does anyone know where to find both seasons' videos on-line without being a Hyperspace member?
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:39 am

I think they took them down because they are doing that new longer animated series. They want people to be into that. Also I think they want to give people who are members more content for their money. I know in an interview recently (was it about the Rose Bowl? GL was talking about the new animated series that is under development and how that is in post production and it is much longer and more involved than the previous one was.).
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:58 am

Has anyone found these on-line for free anywhere else?
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:56 am

Free? Not anywhere legal. :lol: I decided to buy the DVD so I could add them to the collection. I watched some of the making of stuff and I found that pretty interesting. But for getting them free, I think StarWars.Com was the only place until they took them down.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council