Clone Wars Reviews

Discuss topics on The Clone Wars animated television series here.
Doze

Clone Wars Reviews

Post by Doze » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:26 pm

This is a review from a friend 'StarGeek'. You might remember her as Hygena on Who Wants To Be A Superhero.
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY5tTqaRoz4
Abomination – If Obama wins the presidency we will be 'an Obama-Nation'

Doze

Re: Clone Wars Reviews

Post by Doze » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:47 am

NON-Spoiler review
This movie is to set up the TV show, Start, Stop. If you come in thinking anything you are going to watch a new Star Wars movie you will not like this.

Ok this was not the best movie I have ever seen and there are many things that could have been better. BUT I do really like this movie. After just a few minutes I was over looking the clunky movement and look of the main characters. The action packed fight scenes really are worth seeing in the theater. That being said I will wait to see it again on DVD because this is nothing more then an over sized TV episode. There really was no beginning and no end, yes the story ended but everything was so open ended it leaves you unfulfilled. But please under stand I am more excited to see the TV show now then I was before I had the chance to see the movie. All in all I enjoyed the movie and liked that I could see it in the theater the first time. I have a feeling that after a good portion of the TV show is out, my opinion will chance and things that where in the movie will fit together a little better. Keep an open mind, don’t think of it as a movie but a very long TV show and you will have fun like I did. Over all I give this a B-.
Doze

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:23 am

I agree. A lot of folks went into this expecting another Star Wars movie and came out of the theater complaining. I went into the theater win the thought this will be like a glorified Clone Wars Micro Series and I was right on the money. Not really excited about the whole thing, but expectations were met. I really liked the action. I look forward to seeing where things go from here.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:25 pm

Ok. So I know everyone is going to die when I tell you this, but I just got to see the Clone Wars film this past weekend. I have been extremely busy starting my life as a college graduate and new corporate programmer so I haven't had much time for going to the movie theaters. I decided I would hold off on seeing the Clone Wars film and TV show until I had the time to see them in order.

I thought the film was actually pretty good. The animation was strong, and the voice talent wasn't half bad. The plot wasn't half bad either. It gives me some hope that the series will be successful. Now I just have to catch up with the episodes and I can finally participate more in the discussion. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Doze

Post by Doze » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:00 pm

The TV show is better then the movie. So you have much to look forward to.

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:17 pm

I have posted all of them for you Viper in the Clone Wars Episodes thread.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com