CGI Clone Wars Cartoon Series

Discuss topics on The Clone Wars animated television series here.
Jedi Power
Global Moderator

CGI Clone Wars Cartoon Series

Post by Jedi Power » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:56 am

Mintinbox.com posted a video interview with Rob Coleman online where they discuss Lucasfilm's upcoming 3D animated Star Wars series.

TheForce.net has broken down the juicy tidbits for us to enjoy:

-Currently 15 episodes in various stages of production
-One, almost two episodes fully completed
-Coleman to direct 5 of first 26 episodes
-"They're looking fabulous, they're looking great..."
-"Our stuff is incredible compared to what's out there..."
-Some licensees have viewed footage and the reaction was very positive
-Final assembly of shows is done at Skywalker Ranch
-Rob admits to collecting some trinkets along the way
-Rob hopes to be able to attend Celebration IV

I hope as the year rolls on, it won't be long until we really start getting some good new stuff! :wink:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Wildstar

First glimpse of animation

Post by Wildstar » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:26 pm

Found this on TF.N...

The pic below gives a first glimpse of Yoda as he will appear in the new series. :D

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:34 pm

Posted a similar shot this morning on GV. Nice find!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

CoolVader

Post by CoolVader » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:09 am

Now we have 10 months and about 20 days left till 2008!!!
"He is my brother"

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:32 pm

Well when you put it like that, its an eternity. :lol: Very nice find Wildstar. Yoda looks amazing. I have a feeling the boards will get mighty busy when this stuff starts airing. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:20 pm

The Official Star Wars site posted the same poster but cut off the 2009 part with Boba Fett. It now says "and more to come." Hmmmmm... Do I smell cover up? Maybe they don't want us to overlook the new Clone Wars series by anticipating seeing a young Boba Fett in the live action series. Time will tell.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:46 pm

Or maybe they don't have enough information and that was a teaser just for a specific poster set. Originally I have heard it was to be about the bounty hunters but there are mixed messages about this series.

However, the 3 d animation looks interesting. I heard a report from a conference a while back and it seems that much of the animation is going that way. It should be wonderful. I think the saber battles and the computer graphics will bring this into a whole new place for series.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Master » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:29 am

I am glad they are being creative with the Star Wars tv series they have done and will do. Instead of just throwing up the same old thing time and again they freshen the experience with great new visuals!

Given that photo of the 3D Yoda, I think I will be impressed with the new Clone Wars series. Can't wait.

And as for the live-action series, all I can say is BOBA FETT! :D
Jedi Master - JediSource
http://www.therealjedisource.net

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:28 pm

Ain't It Cool News has a report of bagpipe artist Eric Rigler working on the upcoming 3D Clone Wars Cartoon. Eric has done musical work on films like Braveheart, Titanic, Master and Commander, and many others. He is also know for his Irish whistle playing and Celtic sounds. Eric recently played a concert and was announced as having recently finished music for the 3D Clone Wars Cartoon.

One of the concert goers asked Eric more about his dealings with the Star Wars series and he confirmed that he did work on the series. Eric stated that each planet in the series has its own musical theme and one was patterned after Bulgaria. He also said that from the parts of the series he saw that it looked really amazing and that the look and feel was incredible. Eric was told that the series would be airing in the Summer of 2008.
:stardestroyer:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Thu May 24, 2007 2:47 pm

The Official Star Wars Site has stated that the fans need to visit on Sunday, May 27th at 11:30 a.m. Pacific Time for a must see surprise! Could it be a trailer for the new 3D Clone Wars TV show? Could it be and official announcement of the rumored Tales of the New Republic? I guess we will see!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:12 pm

TheForce.net has acquired information about how the 3D Clone Wars may launch.

"During the Hasbro Fall 2007 Analyst Event this morning, they announced the much-anticipated "Star Wars" Clone Wars animated TV series would have a theatrical launch next year on August 8 and then on TV throughout the fall." (Hasbro Fall 2007 Analyst Event Audio) The Clone Wars Theatrical information you seek can be heard 56 minutes into the presentation.

LucasFilm responded to the information obtained by CollectingHQ.com by stating: "I'd like to clarify Hasbro comments this AM about the Clone Wars TV series. We see it as a breakthrough animated television series and are exploring a number of innovative ways to introduce it to the public. No decisions regarding release strategy have been made yet."

They followed up with just one question. Is a theatrical release introducing the series in the works? The response was: "It's one of the many things being discussed but we have no decisions yet. For us it's all about finding a creative way to launch a creative TV series."

Last year when Rick McCallum was talking about another Star Wars movie, everyone thought he didn't know what he was talking about. So what he said might have been true, from a certain point of view.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Master
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Master » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:07 am

From a certain point of view?! :wink:

Finally a little bit of news!
Jedi Master - JediSource
http://www.therealjedisource.net

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Re: CGI Clone Wars Cartoon Series

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:07 pm

The Clone Wars Coming to Theaters and TV in 2008

A new era of Star Wars entertainment begins in 2008 when Star Wars: The Clone Wars, from creator George Lucas, premieres as an all-new feature film in August, followed by the television series debut in the fall, in a partnership announced today between Lucasfilm Ltd., Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting System Inc.

Produced by Lucasfilm Animation, Star Wars: The Clone Wars takes audiences on incredible new Star Wars adventures, combining the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm with an eye-popping, signature animation style. Star Wars: The Clone Wars will open in North American theaters Friday, August 15. International release dates will be announced soon.

"I felt there were a lot more Star Wars stories left to tell," said George Lucas, executive producer of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. "I was eager to start telling some of them through animation and, at the same time, push the art of animation forward."

The theatrical debut of Star Wars: The Clone Wars is only the beginning of all-new Star Wars adventures that continue in the fall when the long-awaited television series premieres on Cartoon Network, followed by airings on TNT. Details regarding international broadcasts will be announced shortly. Star Wars: The Clone Wars showcases an entirely new look and feel to the galaxy far, far away -- combining the expansive scope of the Star Wars Saga with state-of-the-art computer-generated animation. Each week, viewers will see a thrilling, 30-minute "mini-movie" created by the talented artists at Lucasfilm Animation.

On the front lines of an intergalactic struggle between good and evil, fans young and old will join such favorite characters as Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padmé Amidala, along with brand-new heroes like Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka. Sinister villains -- led by Darth Sidious, Count Dooku and General Grievous -- are poised to rule the galaxy. Stakes are high, and the fate of the Star Wars universe rests in the hands of the daring Jedi Knights. Their exploits lead to the action-packed battles and astonishing new revelations that fill Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

"Warner Bros. and Turner are uniquely positioned to deliver on the enormous potential of The Clone Wars because together they offer a world-class opportunity: the theatrical and home-video distribution of Warner Bros. and the broad reach of the Turner Networks," said Micheline Chau, President and Chief Operating Officer of Lucasfilm Ltd. "This terrific combination hits the key demographic groups, ranging from kids to adults, that make up the Star Wars audience."

Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. Pictures President of Domestic Distribution, added, "This is a breakthrough project -- returning Star Wars to the big screen in a completely new way while beginning an exciting new chapter in George Lucas' legendary saga. We immediately felt that it would be a fantastic theatrical event and are thrilled to be bringing it to moviegoers."

"Nothing like this has ever been produced for television," said Stuart Snyder, President/COO Turner Animation,Young Adults & Kids Media. "For 30 years, Star Wars has shown that it appeals to a huge breadth of fans. The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network will be appointment television for everyone in the family. We're thrilled to be working with Lucasfilm again and very excited to be playing a role in bringing this remarkable adventure to viewers."With a new story each week, Star Wars: The Clone Wars continues the tradition of thrilling stories, astonishing visuals and extraordinary music that have always been the hallmarks of the Star Wars Saga.

Lucasfilm Animation, which is based in Marin County, Calif., with a studio in Singapore, has produced more than 30 all-new episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and production continues on even more exciting episodes.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:33 am

This is an interesting way to start off the series with a film and then episodes. I guess there is a lot of back story to start the series off and they wanted to make sure they had enough time. I wonder how many screens are going to be playing the film and for how long. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:00 am

Since 20th Century Fox is not releasing this one I bet Warner Bros. will try to take full advantage of the situation and get it well distributed.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage