So was Durge really killed?

Discuss topics on The Clone Wars animated television series here.
Wedge Antilles

So was Durge really killed?

Post by Wedge Antilles » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:27 pm

In December 2002 I posted this:
Ok: by now my theories must be well known for being useless, but I'll try it anyway.

One word explains the theory: Durge.

At the end of Chapter...10? Or is it Chapter 9? Anyway, at the end of it, we see Durge finally defeated. In the closing seconds, Obi-wan pics up the helmet, and then we see that while he's still looking at it, Durge's remains sortof...drain away.

Could it be that Durge spent a while regaining strength, then took on the form of Greivous?

HOWEVER, it has been revealed that a character not seen in the films before will be appearing in Ep III, and that the actor/actress would be chosen later than all of the others.
Perhaps this could be Durge, or even Asajj Ventress.

SO: is Durge going to appear as Greivous, as Durge, or not at all?
Now, I found something that may suggest that the part about Durge regaining strength might be true.

Before the Clone Wars…

Durge is a 2000 year old Bounty Hunter who helped the Sith kill Jedi hundreds of years before the Clone Wars. He was so badly injured while trying to collect a bounty on the Mandalorian leader that he was forced to spend millennia in hibernation recovering. Because of that he hates anyone remotely affiliated with the Mandalorians, including the clones.

More info: starwars.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the Clone Wars…

Month 3 ABG: Durge wiped out the Gungans on Ohma-D'un, a moon of Naboo, with specialized droids that unleashed biological weapons on the moon. Durge planned to do the same to Naboo itself but was foiled by a Jedi strike force.

Month 4 ABG: Durge helped Asajj Ventress kill Knol Ven'nari, Jon Antilles, Nico Diath, Fay on Queyta. Durge failed to stop Obi-Wan Kenobi from obtaining the antidote to his biological weapon.

Durge led a group of IG lancer droids in the Battle of Muunilinst. Durge fought Obi-Wan Kenobi on Muunilinst and was badly injured.

Month 32 ABG: Durge was sent on a mission by Count Dooku to kill a Corellian merchant. Durge killed the Corellian and everyone aboard his ship. Durge then wired the ship with explosives. Durge encoutered Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker on the ship. Durge was killed by Skywalker, when the Jedi pushed him into an escape pod and guided it into a sun.
Open for discussion.
[/quote]

WhiteViper85

Post by WhiteViper85 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:53 pm

Na it couldn't be gervios, hes a toltaly differnet form of alien.