Obi Wan Kenobi Trilogy of movies?

Talk about anything here.
Jedi Jin Su

Obi Wan Kenobi Trilogy of movies?

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:57 am

I happen to think Obi Wan never did get enough screen time in any of the series and I may not be the only one. It appears that there may be a set of movies focusing on Obi Wan and what he was up to during the years before A New Hope.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/07/a-star- ... -to-be-in/

One thing I can say for Disney is that they are going to work on as much of the story lines as possible. I always felt there were so many different avenues to explore that the possibilities were endless. (I am sure Disney is interested in that as well). :amidala: "It all depends on how big your pocketbook is"
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

viper2843
Administrator

Re: Obi Wan Kenobi Trilogy of movies?

Post by viper2843 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:53 am

I'm not sure I am on board with Disney's strategy. To me there are too many movies/shows/etc happening. It's overload. It is one of the reasons I was never into comic books. Too many things happening and tough to keep up.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:22 am

I love as much Star Wars as I can get, but I do agree that the public might burn out if released too fast. It has worked for Marvel so far.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:01 pm

If they have a similar strategy as Marvel then they could overlap the stories and characters and make a continuous thread. That would give them continuity and fill in some of the huge gaps that many of the fans, myself included, have noticed.

I am not sure they will do a bunch of movies with Obi Wan or anyone else. They announced it but it does not mean that it will happen.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:12 am

I got an update on Facebook with this said same rumor about a movie or trilogy about Obi Wan. The rumor update is that Disney is in negotiations with Ewan McGregor to play Obi Wan and the movies would take place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. These may just be rumors or there may be something to them. It could bridge the gaps in the stories and update us on Luke's backstory. In addition, from what I know and an interesting FYI from what I know of the story of Obi Wan both Yoda and Qui Gon's ghost communicated with Obi Wan during that time as well as Obi Wan being in contact with Bail Organa to check on Leia. This could lead to the organization of the rebels and some interesting guest stars, perhaps even a Mace ghost guesting...?