The Beginning

Talk about anything here.
Craig

The Beginning

Post by Craig » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:42 am

Hey, to whoever may be reading. I was looking at Viper's topic The End and began to think it may need a counterpoint.

Haven't had much access to the PC for the last few months due to house moving. Well, house renovating really. Finally moved the PC in yesterday so I can search online for info I need and here I am again. Haven't been able to get much done due to a coincidental increase in workload at the same time, but now I'm ready to start designing the rebuild.

I pick up a Star Wars magazine now and then - whenever spotted - to see what's going on. Watch a SW DVD or an episode of The Clone Wars now and then. Seems evertime I read something the location of the live-action show has moved to a new location: Eastern Europe - where she stops knowbody knows. (The typing on the wobbly key board on the knees is terrible.(need to build a table))

Well, know I have the Pc again at least the Falcon project can roll on again in my spare time.

I guess the point is, in a roundabout way, is, Star Wars is still relevant and will still be relevant in the near future. thing s keep rolling on. It may well be the opposit of the end, the other end of the end. :atat: :mrgreen: what's that?

I know things have been quiet here but it may not allways be that way. It may not be the end at all.

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Re: The Beginning

Post by Jedi Power » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:06 pm

I love your thinking Craig!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:15 pm

Welcome back Craig. As always, you bring a calm and collective viewpoint to the group and it is always appreciated. Jedi Power said it best. Your thinking is awesome. That post was made a while ago now (I guess I should alter the title a bit). I think Jedi Power talked me off the ledge so to speak when I wanted to close the forums. I didn't have a lot of time to work on the site (still don't) and I saw the traffic dropping off sharply. It seems we are down to the core group and while that is fine, I would like to improve it. We are a good group of people and I think others would fit in just fine. There are lots of great conversations to be created over the new Clone Wars episodes and the possible future live action series. I think we just need to create those conversations. If we do, maybe just maybe, we will draw some attention. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Craig

Post by Craig » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:23 am

Thanks for the kind words Viper. That post you refrer to may have been made a while ago but its fresh to my slack always-late eyes. Glad to hear JP had a reasoned word in your ear. It's natural enough that you'd want to see your site grow and improve, but things sometmes come in fits-and-starts. I'd like to join in more on the currrent Clone Wars topics but you guys are half a seasond ahead (or more) so by the time I've seen them it feels too far out of the loop to comment.

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:23 pm

Craig,

You can't get The Clone Wars at StarWars.com out of the US, right?
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:14 pm

I think a lot of people have had life interrupt them a lot from fun things like Star Wars. I for one do not get as much free time to visit as I would like, but I do try to stop by as I can. Maybe my boss could see that this is really a valuable part of my job somehow? Any ideas on that one? lol....
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Craig wrote: I'd like to join in more on the currrent Clone Wars topics but you guys are half a seasond ahead (or more) so by the time I've seen them it feels too far out of the loop to comment.
I forgot that they don't show the episodes internationally at the same time. That is such a stupid policy. We live in a global society and its time the content makers realize this. There is no technical limitation keep them from releasing at the same time. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Craig

Post by Craig » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:05 am

Jedi Power wrote:Craig,

You can't get The Clone Wars at StarWars.com out of the US, right?
I actually couldn't tell you JP. I've never tried to download an episode, nor would I. The dialup connection wouldn't make it worth the effort. Heaven knows how long it would take at that speed.

Craig

Post by Craig » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:14 am

viper2843 wrote:
Craig wrote: I'd like to join in more on the currrent Clone Wars topics but you guys are half a seasond ahead (or more) so by the time I've seen them it feels too far out of the loop to comment.
I forgot that they don't show the episodes internationally at the same time. That is such a stupid policy. We live in a global society and its time the content makers realize this. There is no technical limitation keep them from releasing at the same time. :D
Well, the only tecnical problem there might be is, what your clock might have to say about it (what, this time of day? Really).