SW TV mentions

Talk about anything here.
Jedi Jin Su

SW TV mentions

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed May 06, 2009 4:13 pm

Has anyone noticed how many tv shows are mentioning Star Wars quotes? Not just Big Bang Theory either. It is a running theme on How I met your Mother and Chuck. I also was watching Castle on Monday (with Nathan Filion of Firefly and Serenity fame) and he was talking about being a Jedi and they actually called him Obi Wan Kenobi! Any others that people can think of?
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

viper2843
Administrator

Re: SW TV mentions

Post by viper2843 » Wed May 06, 2009 8:33 pm

I have noticed that as well. I think it is because of the writers. These new shows are being written by a new generation of writers and most of these people have grown up with Star Wars. These writers have most likely been greatly affected by the films. It is natural to draw upon that culture for TV shows (especially The Big Bang Theory, which I love). :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri May 22, 2009 3:37 am

It is interesting that you mention it Jin Su. I think I've noticed the same increase too. Though you do hear such mentions all the time, it seems, they do apear to have become more common, likely via Viper's suggestion. The last I can actually pinpoint instantly is the mention on Lost a couple of weeks ago; Hurley rewriting The Empire Strikes Back, though there's been more since.

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Fri May 22, 2009 6:27 am

Last night on "So you think you can dance" there was a girl trying out that danced to Star Wars music with lightsabers. The thing is she could not dance. :lol:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Mon May 24, 2010 1:44 pm

I know this is an old topic, but was not sure where else to put this. Did you see the Amazing Race finale when they went to Skywalker ranch and the finalists were in a video game? I thought that was pretty cool technology.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon May 24, 2010 3:41 pm

I don't watch that show, but would have liked to have seen that one. Maybe it will end up on YouTube.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Mon May 24, 2010 4:16 pm

I saw that episode. They used motion capture suits to have one team member navigate a virtual maze while the other team member talked them through it from a computer screen. It was pretty cool. They each had unique virtual characters in the Star Wars universe. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue May 25, 2010 12:15 pm

I think you can watch the episode on CBS.com or on hulu. It was cool because the technicians were able to recreate the person in space so it was interesting to see how they build the video games/movies. You also got to see a bit of the ranch and they had people in costume, storm troopers and R2D2 was there as well.

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:16 pm

Thanks for the notification Jin Su. I'll have to remember to watch out for the end of that series. I think it's on air at the moment here. Haven't watched this series for some reason, others in the past. It's a Star Wars TV mention, so you chose the right spot for it.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:13 pm

The Summer has just flown by, I hope everyone has gotten to see the clips I mentioned. I will be better about trying to stop in.