Indy the Animated series?(not official)

Talk about anything here.
Doze

Indy the Animated series?(not official)

Post by Doze » Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:30 pm

This isn't anything that is official, and no work is actually being done... but AICN is running an interview with Paul Dini who has written a couple episodes of Clone Wars.

Dini is a great writer who started in cartoons, but eventually went into comics and TV. His best work was as one of the producer/writers on Bruce Timm's Batman animated series from the 90s. Dini wrote the first few Joker episodes and established their take on the character. In other words, he rules.

Anyway, he would like to do (and that means i suspect he has been pitching to Lucas and is now hoping for fan support/buzz) an animated Indiana Jones series in a similar Fliescher/Timm style.

How cool would that be?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39554

Thanks to Tank for the heads up.
Abomination – If Obama wins the presidency we will be 'an Obama-Nation'

viper2843
Administrator

Re: Indy the Animated series?(not official)

Post by viper2843 » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:22 pm

Well the Young Indy series was pretty successful back in the day so I don't see why a new animated series couldn't also be successful. I would certainly take a look and see if it's good. Interesting rumor. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:45 pm

I would definately check it out if it became a reality.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Doze

Post by Doze » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:51 am

And it dose add up... Lucas starts a new animation department both here and in Asia and needs more shows that will have a fan base to it to insure there will be a next show and a next to establish there name in animation too. Last I heard where TCW was in production, was about six months ago. So keeping with their schedule before that point season One is about half over... Two should be in the can... Three should be starting editing... Four should be heading to Asia and if there is a Five (and there should be because there should be Ten seasons) it should be well into the stages of writing and all those little things there. So if Lucas cannot start another show then this department will be a one hit wonder and will not be worth all the time put in to it. Something like Indy starting in the writing phase in May or so would show this company is new in town but just as good as it's big brother. And Indy is all Lucas’s baby if it is not on film… right? So no working thing out with actors, the director or the music man like in a movie. Lucas makes an over all story arc and ever thing goes from there just like in TCW.
Abomination – If Obama wins the presidency we will be 'an Obama-Nation'