SW Forums Traffic

Talk about anything here.
Jedi Power
Global Moderator

SW Forums Traffic

Post by Jedi Power » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:34 pm

We have certainly had a lot more traffic here lately. Today we had 68 users on at one time! While I am typing this, we still have 24 users on. Lots of non-registered users visiting us more regularly. I wish they would join up and chime in.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Craig

Post by Craig » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:36 am

I noticed that the other day when I visited. There were 10 people online when I was here; that's the most I'd seen before, until today when it's 18 visitors. Any idea why JP?

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:09 am

I remember several people telling me they found Galactic Voyage after searching something that led them to the forums first. I can't remember what it was they were searching but it was at the top of the results.

Also, for what ever reason, recently my music files have blasted to the top of some of the search results for music searching sites under the term of Star Wars.

These views are killing even my home page views. Out of the top 10 pages on the site, 6 of them are songs that have been viewed the most with the top spot being at 5,826 views this month.

Lastly, I have been posting a few reference links to ships at Wiki, not Wookiee. I did post external links at Wookiee, but they kept deleting them for whatever reason so I stopped doing it. Wiki is now providing some big traffic as well.

I think Galactic Voyage and the forums are getting looked at as a result of all these reasons. You will also notice that the peak time here for visitors is between 12:00pm and 2:00pm EST. That matches my peak times at Galactic Voyage.

Oh, and we now have a new high of 92 as of yesterday!

Okay, that was a long winded answer, but is the only reasons I can see for the change.
:stardestroyer:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:38 pm

I certainly welcome the extra traffic but I do wish more would sign up and join us. I think we have a great community where it is very easy to join in on conversations. So if you are reading this and not signed up, make one more step and join us to be apart of the forums! :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:05 am

I guess I'll have to check out how good your music files are JP.

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:16 am

I also have a lot more to come when I get the chance! :wink:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Master-Backwash

Wow! Jedi power!

Post by Master-Backwash » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:49 pm

Jedi power! Its you!.... I go on star wars galactic voyage every day! Its my favorite website :D (sorry for the hero worship) but i just joined and needed to say that....

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:59 pm

Welcome aboard! Now I am a little embarrased. :oops: Glad you like the site though. 8)
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Son Of Skywalker

Post by Son Of Skywalker » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:05 pm

When I first found these forums I was a bit shocked as to why I saw post from 05' on the first page of forums even though ever site (except fo JCouncil) is still very active. Perhaps it's the name? Perhaps not, I happen to like it. All I can say is there's only absolutes in this situation: Leave the forum open to everyone to view, even no-members or resort to "elitism" and only allow access to members.

I feel like there should be a middle in this particular situation; what do you guys think it is?
Son Of Skywalker- Head Admin & Community Relations of EU Cantina.net

"I brought you here, for I am Spartacus!"

http://www.eucantina.net

Master-Backwash

Well?

Post by Master-Backwash » Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:30 pm

I added a new tread in the section (star wars in genaral) and i think you guys should check it out when u get a chance. :?:
"A warrior knows nothing of surrender."
-Mandalore the Indomitable

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:56 am

Son Of Skywalker wrote:When I first found these forums I was a bit shocked as to why I saw post from 05' on the first page of forums even though ever site (except fo JCouncil) is still very active. Perhaps it's the name? Perhaps not, I happen to like it. All I can say is there's only absolutes in this situation: Leave the forum open to everyone to view, even no-members or resort to "elitism" and only allow access to members.

I feel like there should be a middle in this particular situation; what do you guys think it is?
It is certainly a difficult task to get people active in a community. It can be very hard to convince someone that it is ok to post their views on a particular topic and the community will embrace the post as a unique view. Some people believe that if they post that the community will just lash back and tell them they are wrong. I think here we try our best to welcome people to make them feel comfortable in the effort to have them become more active members of the community.

I feel that limiting access to the boards to "members only" only gets them to register an account to view posts. That may increase the member count but it doesn't really increase the members. That is why it is open to view.

As for The Jedi Council, yes, it is never updated. I just don't have the time to update it as of right now so I decided to place the little time I do have for my sites in the boards. Maybe, with the TV shows, I can introduce some new content. :lol:
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Son Of Skywalker

Post by Son Of Skywalker » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:59 pm

I don't blame you; they look great! I will do my best do advertise the site(s) and forums themselves in the future months. :D

Master-Backwash

Post by Master-Backwash » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:43 pm

I must say these Forums, are very baren, almost no body is here any more.... Thats why I 'am also with File Front, very active there... We need something to bring in more people.
"A warrior knows nothing of surrender."
-Mandalore the Indomitable

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:14 pm

There is certainly a lull right now with a lack of Star Wars stuff to talk about. I am hoping once the TV shows come around that topics will start to come. Also, the end of the year is usually a slow time due to the upcoming holidays.

I have been giving a lot of thought to the future of the site and the boards. I just renewed my domain for another year and my hosting plan goes up for renewal in a few weeks. I would like to keep the site going for the TV shows but I have limited time for it right now and it doesn't seem like the shows are coming for a while. I want to get everyones feedback on the future of the site and what can be done to help it. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Son Of Skywalker

Post by Son Of Skywalker » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:23 pm

Here's an idea: No one right now has a site devoted entirely to the shows themselves. ( EU Cantina.net and The Force.net have news and articles, but nothing really strong.) You could transform Jedi Council into the place for news, discussion, and exclusives on the Clone Wars and Live Action Series. Not only would you be one of the first, but with your already known presence people are bound to come.

Now, there is the factor of time, like you said. I can always e-mail you the news we get to start, I can get you the e-mail of the people who do it at The Force.net, and you can sign up for Goggle News feeds; they will report anything related to what you ask for.

Just a suggestion; I hate seeing great sites fall...