New guy signing in

Introduce yourself here and ask any questions you might have.
locokarma

New guy signing in

Post by locokarma » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:04 pm

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?? :P

New guy here. Huge Star Wars fan since the first movie came out... A long time ago. I frequent a few other Star Wars related forums, so there may be a few of you here that recognize my username. If not, that's cool. I hope to be on here as often as I can. What can I add that won't bore anyone here too much???

Well, I am happily married. 2 beautiful daughters, ages 13 and 3 (about to be 4!!!) My wife works @ a local college, and I am a 911 dispatcher for the past 6 years.

I am also a member of the 501st, TK9612... and a member of the 327th Star Corps. If you want more info, feel free to PM me. I costume as a stormtrooper, and have attended a few events locally in the Little Rock area.... with a few other 501st members and also members of Arkansith, a fan group.

Guess that's it for now...

CoolVader

Post by CoolVader » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:10 pm

Welcome to our new home of SW Forums, locokarma! I have Jed robe costume but I want Darth Vader really bad! But its expensive to buy it but I will be wait for more years. Which is good to get little more cheap. And Have a nice day!
"He is my brother"

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:28 pm

Welcome to the SW Forums, locokarma! Its really cool that you are in the 501st and the 327th. I think you will find this is a great place to talk Star Wars and lots of other stuff. We look forward to seeing you around here. Happy posting! :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:24 am

Welcome locokarma! Nice to have an "older" guy join the ranks. :wink: This is a good group of folks and I think you will enjoy your stay here. I have not been able to talk my wife into letting me become a member of the 501st. Especially to don the Stormtrooper uniform. She really doesn't like Star Wars.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:35 am

Nice to have you aboard, locokarma. I, too, am an "older" fan. I just posted something in the "Star Wars in General" forum that I'm sure will take you back.

If the ArkanSith is the FanForce chapter in your area (and I believe it is), I'd like to let you know that I am also a member of my local FanForce chapter, the Boston Rebels. Joined a couple of years ago, and have had more fun being a Star Wars fan than ever since. If the ArkanSith have a MySpace page, feel free to PM the URL to me. :D

locokarma

Post by locokarma » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 pm

Thank you for the warm welcomes, I look forward to posting here, (as much as I can)- and getting to know everyone here.

Wildstar- you are correct. Arkansith Galactic Renegades is the local branch of TFN, and I have had the opportunity to meet several of the members, and have gone to a few events with members that costume. It has been fun and a great feeling to bring smiles to "older" kids and the younger ones as well. The best feeling was when I trooper my first event at the Toy Hill Drive... when we walked by a tent with the Marines, they all started to hum the Star Wars theme. That was cool! LOL

Unfortunately, Arkansith doesn't have a Myspace account, but I can pass it on to them.

Jedi Power- I know what you mean. My wife is into the movies, but that's it. Last Christmas, she agreed to help me buy my TK armor... which was her "gift" to me....LOL But it was well worth it, as I was able to get a great deal on my armor. If you want, PM and I will give you an email addy of a friend that can help you out. There never can be too many TKs!

CoolVader- yes, I agree. A Vader costume can be a lot of money! I think that it is the most expensive one out there!

If I may, anyone here that costumes, or is thinking of costuming, feel free to check out the 327th. They're not as strict on the costuming as the 501st. (If the admin or mods dont mind me posting that... if so, please edit it.)

Here is a group pic of our ArkanSith group at a bowling event for Big Brothers/Big Sisters- I am the tall trooper in the back.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/T ... _18908.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i68/T ... /fcbd1.jpg

(me and another 501st member at the Free Comic Book Giveaway in North Little Rock)

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:43 am

As Leia might say: "Aren't you a little tall for a stormtrooper?" :lol:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

locokarma

Post by locokarma » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:29 pm

Well, you know... I got a shot of new DNA...

and I am in the process of being "Transferred" to the MEPD
(Mos Eisley Police Dept) to be a sandtrooper.

Only the best and tallest are sandtroopers! :D
Who wants to be clean and shiney? LOL

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:17 am

Think of it this way, at least in Star Wars, there are Fresher Units and showers.

In Lord of the Rings, there are Rivers. Bathing seemed optional on most days for a lot of the characters.

:)

Welcome to the boards. Like JP said it is nice to have someone who actually went to the theaters the first time to see the films. Hope you have a good time here.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

locokarma

Post by locokarma » Sun Aug 06, 2006 3:20 pm

Thank you, I am sure I will fit in here nicely.

Craig

Post by Craig » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:56 am

Good to have you here locokarma. A fine, upstanding member of the 'white shoe brigade' you appear to be. :D

locokarma

Post by locokarma » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:00 pm

Thank you, Craig.

"White shoe brigade" ?

Well, LOL I never thought of it that way :D