Hey there

Introduce yourself here and ask any questions you might have.
The Fett

Hey there

Post by The Fett » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:24 pm

Hey, these forums look awesome, but they look inactive. Anyways, just thought I'd drop by, check them out.

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:38 pm

Welcome to the board! Inactive? :shock: we go through a bit of a dry spell from time to time, but there is usually a lot of good conversations. It is a very comfortable group to be with. Not thousands of posts to read a day like some other places. I hope you will come back and chat with us!
:stardestroyer:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:25 pm

Inactive? *looks at JP* What are we, chopped liver?!

Welcome aboard to the boards, Fett ;)

The Fett

Post by The Fett » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:48 pm

I had many SW boards to choose from, and I chose this because its much smaller than the others. I hate have like 100000 members, and never even being noticed. And I put my sig up, you didnt give any restrictions really, does it follow the rules?

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:54 pm

Nope, signatures are fine as long as they're not on the larger size of things. Yours is no problem :)

I'm not a fan of millions of people posting at once either, which is why I like this board. You can actually keep track of the threads you start and threads you post in without having to dig for them.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:18 am

I am glad you chose to join us, The Fett. I too dislike boards with a large member base. I tend to get lost in all of the topics. We are just off the beaten path of the internet as to not get too much notice. That makes for some great discussion and we really get to know eachother. So we are happy to welcome you to the boards. Happy posting! :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:25 am

Actually, I think smaller is better too so we can keep track of things. However, one never knows how many lurkers one may have. Just because we don't have thousands of posts does not mean we don't have lots of readers. I for one am all for new people who have fun contributing.

Welcome to the Boards!
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:39 am

Welcome!

I tend to like smaller communities so that it's everyone who gets the attention, not just the few individuals who people know better than others. True, we can get a little quiet, but we always find something to talk about.

And by the way, I love your sig. :) Did you make it yourself?

The Fett

Post by The Fett » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:10 am

Yeah, I found a sweet pic on the Star Wars website.

Mara Skywalker

Post by Mara Skywalker » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:33 am

I'll throw in my welcome to you as well. I'm glad you joined us! I like the smaller board as well. I'm a member of another board where we talk about hair (I know, how exciting, huh?). But its crazy in how busy it is. Hundreds post there each day. Your posts get lost and you have to go digging to find them. I really enjoy this boards slower pace. And everyone here is so nice. :D