Best Unknown SciFi in 2009

Discuss topics about all movies here.
Doze

Best Unknown SciFi in 2009

Post by Doze » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:24 pm

The Top 9 Unknown Sci-fi Films to look out for in 2009 (All are B Movie)
Link: http://movies.iconocritic.com/?title=th ... &tb=1&pb=1

3. Hunter PreyImage
Synopsis: "Hunter Prey centers around a crew of special forces commandos who must recapture an alien prisoner that has escaped after the military transport ship carrying it crashes on a desolate and hostile planet. As Collora himself explains, "there are subtle political and environmental overtones that I certainly don't hit anyone over the head with at all, but that will hopefully make you think about things like war, politics and current events, by presenting them in situations cinematically from a uniquely different perspective."

Why watch?: The first time I saw the above photo I was awe struck at the costume detail such a low budget film could have. It brought me back to the first time I saw the storm troopers and anything that can pay homage to that time in my life is a blessing to me. Sandy Collora will be a name to remember in the near future and I recognize his name from such art department film credits as Predator, Men in Black, Nightmare on Elm Street, and The Abyss. No, even though I'm quite the cinephile I don't know his name that well, but all those films listed previously should set off a light bulb in your head. Right! Stan Winston's studio worked on all those films and Collora has been an apprentice of his since he was 17 years old. With a back story like that we can be sure to expect a creative world in Hunter Prey full of the craziest costumes seen since the legend himself passed away; a personal hero of mine. The costumes will be great I'm sure, and lets just hope that Collora picked up a few tips along his special effects career running into such minds as James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, and George Lucas to name a few. Just another example of a young film maker with a statement to make in their budget friendly debut.

This one looks HOT!!! It will be worth looking it up in March!
Abomination – If Obama wins the presidency we will be 'an Obama-Nation'