Email notification.

Express your opinions and offer suggestions on the fourms here.
Craig

Email notification.

Post by Craig » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:42 am

This has been happening for a long time so I wonder why I'm posting now. But.

The email notification (reply in topics) does not work very well at all. It only seems to notify when it feels like it. I visit the site today to find replies in topics that I had no idea of their posting - as usual, nothing new.

This problem actually made me think the forum had closed down during my walkabout period - they stopped comming at all. After posting again they came again, but, still as they feel like it and not as required.

Its not a big problem but I thought I should tell Viper about it - well I got to it eventually.:mrgreen:

I wonder if anybody else has notice the problem?

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:40 am

Actually yes. I get notifications of topics I don't think I wanted to know about and then I get no notifications for ones I think I did sign up for. I am not sure why. So I am not sure if it is simply a switch or something else.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:45 pm

Well, any problems you would be having could be due to two possible reasons:
  1. There is a problem with the board software, phpBB.
  2. Spam blocking software is blocking the notifications.
To make sure that number 1 is not happening, I will investigate to see if there is a fix. You can make sure number 2 is not happening by checking your spam blocking software, email clients, or ISP or email provider spam blocking settings. If number 2 is the case, you might want to whitelist the board's email address.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:12 pm

Actually I never thought of spam blocking software, I will check into that viper thanks!
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Craig

Post by Craig » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:05 am

The Spam blocking I didn't think of - thanks. But you want to hear something funny? Today I get an email notice telling me of a new private message, only the message is from the 27th of the last month and was one I've already answered!

Update:Just checked the spam folder, no swforums email from the past two weeks - nor have I ever seen any in there.

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:22 am

Spam folder is usually the problem. I find that a lot of e-mails sent by Viper using the Admin functions ends up in my spam box.