I think we should open a new forum?

Express your opinions and offer suggestions on the fourms here.

Do you think we should have this kind of Forum?

Yes (I think your idea is good)
22%
No
78%

Total votes: 9

Magic Fingers

I think we should open a new forum?

Post by Magic Fingers » Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:59 am

I think we should open a new Forum about stuff not linked to SW that everybody can talk about so that when they come on this site they don't only have to talk about SW and things linked to it.
I know the Cantina is something like it but a forum where no SW is talked about or not much.
If this does go ahead i would be happy to be a moderator on it. :D
My father taught me, keep your friends close but you're enemies closer

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Thu Apr 22, 2004 12:47 pm

There are literally thousands if not millions of websites and forums out there. You can open any you like. I think it is hard for many to keep up with their lists. I know it is for me. This site is great because we all start to get to know another. The Cantina is for anything you like. I am sure you can talk about whatever there.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Master » Sat May 01, 2004 8:07 am

I voted "No" because if you take a look at the banner, it says SW Forums.... as in Star Wars Forums! I see no such use for a non-SW forum on a SW board.

Of course the cantina is open to any discussion whether SW related or not. :)
Jedi Master - JediSource
http://www.therealjedisource.net

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue May 04, 2004 10:16 am

Good points Jedi Master. I agree. Like I said in my last post, there are so many forums and free forums you can write in, I think have Star Wars only is a good idea.

Not to mention there are lots of Star Wars forums for what you like.

One more thing, Magic fingers you are interested in Gangster/mafia stuff, why don't you investigate organized crime in Star Wars. There are the Hutts and many more families that run similar to the Mafia that you seem to be interested in. I think you could make a really good discussion on that. I know that I personally am writing a story in which Obi Wan Kenobi gets involved in the Mafia/Underworld in order to try and save whatever Jedi are left as the Empire takes over. Yes it is a bit Alternative George Lucas Universe, but if I can't write it the way I want, what fun is it being the writer? :)
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master