Problem w/ thread (Attn: viper)

Express your opinions and offer suggestions on the fourms here.
Wildstar

Problem w/ thread (Attn: viper)

Post by Wildstar » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:30 pm

Hey viper

Posting this here b/c I don't know if it belongs in the Cantina or this one. There's a problem w/ the "How will Mace bite the dust?" topic in the Episode III forum. The listing says there are 4 pages of posts for this topic, but if you click on the link for the fourth page, it says there are no posts for this topic.

Please look into this. TIA

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:27 pm

I'm no expert but I'd say that the post that started the 4th page was deleted.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:56 pm

I could have been that Zack or it could be a bug in the forum software. There isn't much I can do because it is pretty complex code. I can write some PHP scripts but I have a hard time understanding other peoples code. Thank you for alerting me and I will look into it.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:43 am

Whiel we're on the subject, actually, I think I should sasy that I've been experiencing problems with the board.

A message comes up saying something like "Fatal Execution Time Maximum 30 second http://jcouncil.com/swforums/index.php"

And then it will only display part of the page I'm reading and I have to refresh the page to try and read it all.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:22 pm

I am also aware of the 30 second execution time error. That error is because my server doesn't run MySQL very well. I don't have any control over that. I don't like being on a windows server but I am forced to. I am afraid you will have to put up with the execution errors for now.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Emperors_Prize

Post by Emperors_Prize » Sat Nov 01, 2003 4:05 pm

My site just switched servers ... TWICE in the past month. :shock: Our original server was destroyed by hurricane Juan and our second gave us HUGE access problems, lags, and errors. Our current server runs linux & fully supports MYSQL ... and it does so VERY well. We also use phpBB so if you're interested in checking out the server host I am currently with, just let me know and I'll pass on the information. ;)
Dauntlessmedia.net: Reviews & Analysis of modern media (Lost, Trek, Star Wars, BSG, Gemini Division, etc.)

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:39 am

I'll post this just in case it might have some use. Viper those 'fatal errors' are still happening.

Since my return over the last couple of days there has been only one occasion when I haven't seen an error message similar to this:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in E:\home\Default\jcouncil.com\htdocs\swforums\includes\template.php(127) : eval()'d code on line 38

I'd bet eveyone here is aware of them, so there might not be much purpose in me pointing it out. But these errors must be contributing to the lack of action in the forum.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:02 pm

I am well aware of the execution errror. I get them as well. I have no controls over them. As far as I know it is a server thing. MySQL doesn't run very well on a Windows server and that is what I am forced to be on. They dropped there Unix hosting package and I was moved to windows. If someone can find me hosting with unlimited space, unlimited bandwith on unix or linux system for $4.95US/month, that includes domain (that is what I have currently, except windows), I would gladly switch. I am constantly looking.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council