Re-released figures

Discuss Star Wars toys and other collectables.
omnithx

Re-released figures

Post by omnithx » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:31 am

Hasbro has announced it will be repackaging a number of existing figures for re-release. These include : Jango Fett (Kamino Escape)
Princess Leia (POTF Commtech version)
Darth Maul (Duel Pk)
What are your thoughts on this?
Hasbro claim that in the old days, vintage figures were rereleased with updated packaging as the films were released, therefore it should happen now so new fans can still get the favorites.
With E-bay and the secondary market being so accessable these days I wouldn't think it would be hard for collectors to complete their sets.
"Impressive...most impressive"

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Wed Feb 12, 2003 10:47 am

I think Hasbro realizes where there Star Wars figure market really is. With the collectors! Back in the day, they re-released figures because it had been 3 years difference between figure runs to match the movies. There were also not as many figures produced, so it was harder to get the ones you wanted.

I have actually boycotted buying figures latetly being that the Saga line is re-packing so many that just came out in the Power of the Jedi series, and before that the Power of the Force series. I am now focusing my attention on getting the 12" figures, but they are starting to re-package them as well.

I used to try and be a completionist, but no longer!!! Hasbro has become money grubbing fools since they took over from Kenner and it really upsets me the way they now make 12-15 variations of the same figure in the same line. I.E. He has black hair, now brown hair, his hand is open, now closed, the paint colors are a little different, what about the different wording on the package, etc. It just goes on and on. They could not possibly be making that many mistakes all the time! There only used to be one or two versions that were legitimate mistakes or changes.

I am so done with collecting these days! Besides, it was cool to say you collected Star Wars stuff back in the day because no one kept their toys in the packages. Now everyone is a collector and it has diminished my love for doing it along with the value of my collection. I will step down from my soap box now. :stardestroyer:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Feb 21, 2003 11:53 am

Does anyone know if they have a Jedi Council Chambers playset? I have collected almost everyone on the Jedi Council and would love to get them in one place.

Any clues?
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:46 pm

Not that I have seen. At least not yet. :wink:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:55 pm

If they haven't made one, they should. It's a very good idea.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council