Supermarket alert

Discuss Star Wars toys and other collectables.
Wildstar

Supermarket alert

Post by Wildstar » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:47 pm

10 oz. boxes of Cheez-Its crackers are now being sold in an Episode III collector's box featuring R2-D2 on the front. In fact, you might want to get at least 3 boxes...there's also a poster offer ($2.99, not sure if you have to fork over postage as well) on the box which requires 2 UPC symbols and an order form printed on the inside.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:38 am

Only with Star Wars would fans be interested in collecting a box of Cheez-Its. Thanks for the post Wildstar! :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Rebel Racer

Post by Rebel Racer » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:12 pm

Yea, thanks. I'll pick some up next time i'm at walmart. :D
Come one, come all, Kongregate!

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:25 pm

Informationally but really newsworthy speaking there is also pop tarts and fruit snacks I hear.

Also a line of 60s psychedelic home furnishings coming out. All Episode III related. Mace Windu Purple lava lamps. Darth Vader Orange beaded curtains and bean bag chairs. etc.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Rebel Racer

Post by Rebel Racer » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:58 pm

Wow. I've sure been out of the loop. Now I need to bring money for... uh Pop-Tarts, Chees-its, Fruit Snacks, and 60's phychedelic home furnishings. :lol:
Come one, come all, Kongregate!

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:20 am

Lucasfilm has always done the food and soda tie ins but I was surprised at the home furnishings things. I saw it at a couple of websites and then saw it on starwars.com so I guess I had to believe it. The primary colors will be that late 60's early 70's heinous burnt orange/red. I think for the Lava.

However, there will be some homage to the Blues, Greens of the Jedi Sabers and of Course Mace's purple one was mentioned.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:20 pm

I saw Kellogg's products (cereal, Pop Tarts) in Star Wars boxes in the supermarket today, so be on the lookout for those, as well.

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:09 pm

I got a box of the Cheez-its today with the Episode III Darth on the front. And yes I collect food as well in case you were wondering.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:57 am

Also episode 3 merchandise,will be sold at burger King,including the toys,wacthes,and Mugs,and they will also be on cocacola and pepsi products and will also be at baskin robins ice cream palor.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:19 am

Are you sure they will be on coke and pepsi products? I have only heard that they contracted with pepsi co. If you look at jcouncil.com main page I listed a news piece talking about all the biggest promotions starting on April 2.

They were all from a listing on http://www.starwars.com.

M&Ms is coming out with lightsabers full of minis and Special Dark Side dark chocolate M&Ms!!

JJS