12" Figures

Discuss Star Wars toys and other collectables.

Are you buying the 12" Sideshow Collectible Figures?

Yes!
25%
I get a few here and there.
No votes
No. I can no longer afford 12" Figures.
25%
I never collected 12" Figures.
50%

Total votes: 4

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

12" Figures

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:34 pm

Being I could not spend a lot of money on collecting anymore, the 12" line was a way to collect "all" the figures that came out. When Hasbro had the figures the price kept creaping up while the quality seemed to slip. The last one i bought was around $25.00.

Recently Sideshow Collectibles took over the 12" Figure line from Hasbro. The figures look extremely nice, but the price has doubled with prices averaging $55.00. That price has put me out of collecting the 12" line.

Another factor killing my collection is the frequency in which they are distributing these new figures. They are already about to release the fifth (I think) figure in about two months which is over $250.00! They also sell out very fast. The fastest time was 30 minutes!

At least when Hasbro would release figures, they would come out in a regular store about three at a time and then there would be a break. I could keep up with it that way.

How did this affect your 12" collecting?
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:16 am

Well, the Han Solo 12" is going on sale today between 10-10:30AM PST. Bespin
Han Solo 12" Figure

They have also just announced that Mace Windu will be abvailable on February 20th. Their pace is deffinately too fast for my wallet!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:22 am

I know this is an older topic, but I just discovered the Sideshow figures had a few I wanted and I have bought them. I have pre-bought Mace Windu and Qui Gon Jinn. They look awesome too. If they are even half as cool as they look they will be worth the money.

I spent $30 for some figures (original prices from Toys R Us not an increased price mind you) on something that was so highly disappointing I can't begin. These have some very nice detailing and features.

JP are they nice figures? They look great. Mace Windu I believe comes with 3 sabers, 1 blue, 1 purple and and one not on so you can put it at his side.

Very cool that they stay consistent with the movies.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:17 am

They are supposed to be the best of quality, and the reviews from people who have received the first of the figures are raving about them. The exclusive figures always come with a little something special as compared to the regular figure. That is the reward for getting them first.

I used to collect 12' exclusively, but have not gotten a one of these due to the price. Even though they are excellent figures, my position in life now does not allow for $50.00 a figure.

I think you will be very pleased with them Jin Su!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:34 pm

I was wondering if our Craig bought one. Someone signed up for them named Craig and their first post made them the 10,000 post winner and they got all 6 of the 12" figures. If it is, he should be careful out there...

I think I will be most pleased with them. The detailing looks very good. I have seen a lot of figures and bought a lot both from Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, these are cool.

The one figure that was $30 didn't even have lines from the movies in it or the original actors voices and yes they were officially licensed products. I can't afford tons of them but I got Mace and Qui Gon. I will let you know how they are. You get a stand with each figure and they weigh 3 lbs so they are pretty well built. 30 different articulations for arms and so on.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:07 pm

The Mace Windu and Qui Gon Jinn figures are supposed to be available soon from sideshow collectibles.

The Mace Windu seems really interesting as they will be including a blue saber (TPM), a purple saber (AOTC and ROTS) and an unlighted saber. He also has removeable hands as well as regular Jedi gear.

The Qui Gon figure looks to be as detailed as well.

They should be interesting and are supposed to arrive in September. I ordered them for quite a while and the waiting list was sold out in June or July even so they are definitely collector items. I didn't order the Darth Maul and they have not come out with an Obi Wan Kenobi yet. They came out with an older version, "Ben Kenobi" I think.

I didn't get that. They seem good. For anyone interested in Lord of the Rings there are some interesting ones of those too, but I haven't really checked them out. They look very lifelike from what I can tell.

JJS