Rumor Posting Policy

Important News and Information.
viper2843
Administrator

Rumor Posting Policy

Post by viper2843 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:21 am

Recent events have force me to put in place a new policy on posting rumors. Many of us like to post and read about possible future projects in the world of Star Wars. Many of these rumors come from sources that are known to be inaccurate and unreliable. The SW Forums does not condone posting of these rumors. Any member found posting rumors from known false web site will receive a warning for their first offense and will be banned for any furthur offenses. There will be no exceptions.

I have no problem with posting rumors as long as they are posted as rumors. I am sick and tired of seeing members posting rumors as solid fact when they have not been confirmed by proper sources. INFORMATION ABOUT STAR WARS IS ONLY FACT WHEN IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY LUCASFILM LTD. OR THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS SITE!!! When posting a rumor, start it by saying, "I read a rumor about..." or, "Have you heard this rumor about...". Never start it by stating the rumor as fact.

I apologize to the members who follow the rules. I don't normally like to exercise my power but I have no choice.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Master Palpy

Post by Jedi Master Palpy » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:23 pm

I agree, Viper. I think it is a very good idea to show the difference between what is indeed a confirmed spoiler and a rumor.

Now, people just need to remember. :wink:
Proud to be an editor at JediSource
Webmaster of The CCHS Band Website and a very witty Blog of mine

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Re: Rumor Posting Policy

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi » Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:35 pm

viper2843 wrote:I am sick and tired of seeing members posting rumors as solid fact when they have not been confirmed by proper sources.
Word. 8)
viper2843 wrote:INFORMATION ABOUT STAR WARS IS ONLY FACT WHEN IT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY LUCASFILM LTD. OR THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS SITE!!!
This is what I've been going by. I don't understand how all you can believe everything you read off of MilleniumFalcon.com? Some of it yes but all? Somebody post me a link proving that their info is authentic.
http://obiwankenobi29.tripod.com
You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would, destroy the Sith, not join them.
Anakin: I hate you!
Obi-Wan: You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.

Craig

Post by Craig » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:01 am

Does this have anything to do with star Jedi getting banned? I looked at a PM message today to see he's been banned and as yet I have no idea why.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:18 pm

It has a little to do with Star Jedi and it has a little to do with DarthGanon, who has also been banned. Here is more info on Star Jedi.

http://www.jcouncil.com/swforums/viewtopic.php?t=615
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:51 pm

DarthGanon was banned? How come?

Rebel Racer

Post by Rebel Racer » Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:44 pm

Zack Lyons wrote:DarthGanon was banned? How come?
Probably the same reason/s as Star Jedi. Always posting SS.com style rumors and convering them with little "OFFICIAL" or "THIS IS REAL" tags. Just a guess though :?
Come one, come all, Kongregate!

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:04 pm

maybe

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:26 pm

DarthGannon made a particularly rude post that I deleted before too many people saw it. He had already had his warning and so was banned.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Master
Global Moderator

Re: Rumor Posting Policy

Post by Jedi Master » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:44 am

Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:This is what I've been going by. I don't understand how all you can believe everything you read off of MilleniumFalcon.com? Some of it yes but all? Somebody post me a link proving that their info is authentic.
I believe the information posted on MF.Com for the simple fact that they deliver the goods, and have for a long time. Around the time of the OT DVD release they were the ones who accurately posted the changes and the images of the changes far before their release.

Also, I believe their reports because many of the things decribed previously are now showing up in new images and the fact that they are the source for so many of the new images that show up, showing that they indeed have the things they say they do: aka CDs full of ROTS stills and promo images and parts (if not all) of the EIII script.

For a little more background information check out this post made @ MF.Com by DarthPsychotic on the lengthy history of spoiler reports and image leaks from before Episode II until present day. This post was made after someone posted a picture TBone released and didn't give credit to him for the image. (I attempted to (*) out any of the foul language used in this thread and apologize if I missed any)
hmm, I'm not sure we need to credit, since the T'Boners have been reposting MF pictures, files, and text reports since eary summer of 2004, with little or no credit at all.

In fact T'Bone has edited/un-parsed the few links to MF that were posted on his boards "The Galactic Senate". So feel free to repost the entire text and rehosted images here.

Now, admittedly this was an excellent T-Blog, focused on spoilers and none of the extra bull**** about his obsession with TheForce.net and Josh Griffin.

Indeed, it reminds me of the good ol TBone I was a fanboy for - back in the pre-Episode I days, when starwarz.com/tbone had a white framed layout with the "Prequel Poop - No BS". All spoilers, no bull****.

Why is there internet starwars drama between us?

Well back in the pre-Episode II days, SI (Sith Interceptor) got a hold of the Attack of the Clones shooting script. Ternian formed a private, members only board called Kamino. Fatboy Roberts, GunsBlazing, Tai-Zec, TooChilled, Silmarillion, HookLineAndSinker, BobTheGoon, PadmeBra, Chyren, Vanda, AL, and several other people, including other "insiders" such as PerfectDark and Hoedaack were all "Kamino Spoiler Cabal" members.

One day in the fall of 2001, amidst the SI script page sharing and secret picture showing at Ternian's Kamino, I happened to stumble across Kamino and "let myself in". I notified Ternian via email of my break-in and promised not to share anything I saw. In fact, I let both Gunsblazing and Fatboy Roberts know beforehand of my break-in and they both let me have it and MADE me promise lol, as they were close e-friends of mine.

Well around 3 weeks later, Ternian notified me that TBone and I were to be new "Spoiler Cabal" members. Yes that's right, TBone and I were inducted into the "Spoiler Cabal" at the sametime, we had access to SI's script and a**loads of other good sh**. In fact, SI did a script review for TBone around April 2002 - a month before TBone relaunched the GalacticSenate on invisionboard.

It was also around this time (Fall 2001) that a "Force Kin" got two CDs of hot, never before seen images from Attack of the Clones. Force Kin gave one CD to Episode-X and one CD to TBone. Episode-X ran the images under the "Sidious The White" spy moniker I believe and TBone posted the images under the "TFN_Sucks" spy moniker. Both TBone and Episode-X asked me to either mirror or debut these images on my now LFL taken away domain name "darthpsychotic.com".

Flash forward to August 2003. Ternian, now a site staffer at the now defunct Episode-X and Tai-Zec, the then head staffer member at the now defunct Episode-X got into a catfight. Harsh words were exchanged and Tai-Zec was thrown out of the Kamino Spoiler Cabal and Ternian resigned as Episode-X staff. TBone sided with Tai-Zec and left Kamino for "moral reasons". You see TBone is always presenting himself as the "moral" person in contrast to those pesky story-stealing folk at TheForce.net.

It was around this time, August 2003 - TheForce.net got a hellacious Episode III spy by the name of Ewok Pudu aka "DarthFriday" on the TFN frontpage. It was also around this time that then self-proclaimed TBone lap-dog Fatboy Roberts got an a**load of Episode III info himself. Fatboy promptly forked over all info to TBone.

Well TFN started to run Ewok Pudu reports every Friday. It was then, the obsessed "Get TFN at all costs" TBone, playing the role of Captain Ahab to TheForce.nets Moby Dick, concocted his "DarthThursday/Spoiler Seasons" scheme. TBone got his new lapdog (and still Spoiler Cabal member) "AL" to trade Fatboy Roberts and Episode-X/Kamino spoilers to Ewok Pudu. TBone would then post the traded TFN spoilers on his "Spoiler Seasons" report a day before TFN's DarthFriday spoiler reports. In fact TBone gave Fatboy Roberts a "gag order" on his own spoilers. That's right, Fatboy Roberts couldn't even talk about his own spoilers.

Well enter Darth Psychotic. I got wind of AL trading Episode-X/Kamino spoilers to TFN's source for TBone. I obtained the text version of TFN's spoilers after various internet accounts related to TBones "DarthThursday scheme" were cracked wide open. I took the TBone DarthThursday crew for a ride on my starwars version of bangbus.

I informed TBone on AIM of my obtaining the spoilers because we were best e-buds in those days. Yes that's right, TBone knew all about my hijacking activities. We talked about the ill-gotten TFN spoilers a lot, everything was cool up until... I gave these TFN spoilers to Episode-X and Jedinet.

I found out that TFN was going to run The End of Episode III and asked Jedinet and Episode-X to run it first! I figured I was robbing from the rich TFN and giving to the poor. TBone however wanted to run the stolen TFN spoilers for HIMSELF and himself only. TBone ceased speaking with me and demanded Episode-X and Jedinet to do the same. Both Episode-X and Jedinet refused these asinine demands. After TBone made a bunch of wild claims I posted this thread: A Private Conversation with TFN's DarthFriday, AL, and TBone.

After "A Private Conversation with..." was posted Fatboy Roberts posted all of his spoilers at once on another board and a new site.... The Mighty MillenniumFalcon.com

Fatboy's posting his own spoilers all at once infuriated TBo as it messed up his DarthThursday/Spoiler Season scheme. Fatboy and T'Bone are no longer speaking because of this.

Well at the end of the day both TFN's DarthFriday, Ewok Pudu and Fatboy Roberts ended up here. I got almost all pictures and info from them that they gave TBone.

Nowadays TBo's board http://www.galacticsenate.com is a haven for banned MF f****** such as Poggle1138 aka Poggle The Greater and banned JC superstars like Razorback, a mid-30 something year old f*** who has his nose so far up Tom Hodges/TDHArtist a** he could sniff his colon. The dude brags about arguing with TheForce.net board teenagers and "knowing all about me".

Well anyone with a TFN board registration date before the fall of 2001 knows all about me, as I and the rest of the MF superstars were already well established legends before those f**** even registered.

If you don't know "our" history (circa 2001/2002): http://modsquad.virtualdogshit.com

or if you got a few days to kill just browse TheForce.net's Communications subforum. Start from the back and work your way to the present:

http://boards.theforce.net/Communications/b10006/p59

By the way TBone's admin forum was called "Backroom at the Bada Bing" and "The Chancellor's Private Chambers". Like TBone's public forums, there is not much in the admin-only forums. hay guys

I posted all of this lengthy stuff about TBone because he posting stuff like this sh** here:
One thing you gotta remember about these guys - and I know a few of them pretty well - is that they're giddy about this kind of thing. They like to embellish. They'll look at a picture and write a paragraph about it based on just one still and people take that as gospel. They also have a reputation for wanting to fool other sites with fake info or make phony script pages and send them around.

They don't have a script - i think that's obvious. IF they have anything it's the kiddy novel because they got it last time kind of early and some pics came from there. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see all the latest pics that leaked come from there somehow. They all like to wheel and deal behind the scenes and trade for things, etc.

THE FACTS:

2001/2002: During the run up to Attack of the Clones, we had the script, pictures, and video (Connections).

Spring 2004: MF had unbelievable stills from the OT DVDs and a pretty much accurate Original Trilogy DVD changes report.

Summer 2004: We got the Return of the Jedi DVD almost two months before the official release. Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope DVDs, and Bonus Discs soon followed.

Fall 2004/Winter 2005: Enter Spoileriffic and HardCopy.

Spoileriffic has seen a cut of Episode III and has at least several hundred images. HardCopy has access to the script, book, and other materials.

I'm glad TBone has his own stuff now. Maybe his site and forums can stop revolving around MF.
Now, I'm not saying that the released info on MF.Com is OFFICIAL, but I personally credit the sources there and will continue doing so up until ROTS's release. If you remember all of the nicknames for sources in Episode II's time, it lists them all here and describes the events in great detail.

It's amazing how much internet Star Wars drama there is isn't it? Especially finding out who and what was going on back in the Episode II spoiler days. Never had any idea of the spoiler wars other than the stuff on the surface.... Kind of sad. :?
Jedi Master - JediSource
http://www.therealjedisource.net

Craig

Post by Craig » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:26 am

When will they make all that into a movie.:mrgreen: