Execution Errors

Important News and Information.
viper2843
Administrator

Execution Errors

Post by viper2843 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:50 pm

Many of you have been commenting about the database errors you have been seeing the past few days, weeks, and months on the forums. I wanted to let everyone know that I am attempting to correct the problem with my server company. I am also looking into switching server companies so I can return to the more reliable Unix/Linux servers that the board started on. I just wanted to tell everybody that I'm listening and that I am doing the best I can to resolve this issue as soon as possible. I will keep everybody informed as the progress continues. Thanks for hanging in with me. :D :wink:
Last edited by viper2843 on Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Dec 05, 2003 5:28 am

My hat's off to you Viper! You do a great job as-is. I just raised the point in the Feedback section incase it needed to be. I wasn't complaining, I was just making a notice of the problem incase it was going unnoticed.

After comming back here the other day I noticed how much I liked this place. Even the simple but beautiful design of the front page - clean lines and simplicity - wonderfull. It's just a shame that all your great hard work on this site is so undermined by the database errors.

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:40 pm

I have not had a problem for months.

Craig

Post by Craig » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:15 am

Interesting Zack. I've had a tone of problems since returning. Omnithx said it's similar for him over the last few days. Wonder who is and isn't having problems? Does it vary or is the problem at my end?

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:16 pm

It is not at your end if multiple people are getting these errors. I receive them as well but they are not constant. This past week a haven't had a problem but the week before I got lots of them. It is not a regular thing.

Just to give an update, my server company said there is nothing they can do for me so the search as begun for a new company. I think I have found one so now I just have to work out the details. If all goes well, by the end of this year or early next year we will have a new stable home.

So stick around everbody. If your willing to grin and bare a few more weeks of errors, I will work as fast as I can to get everything working. :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Craig

Post by Craig » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:15 am

That's good news Viper. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. If there is anything we can do to help, just ask. :leia:

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Wed Dec 10, 2003 1:29 pm

Those of us who actually still come here can put up with the errors viper. :)

We know that you always try your best to get things working here, even though there must be hundreds of things you could be doing with your spare time. :)

Edit: I'm getting an error now. But it's not the one we've been talking about. I come online and it tells me that there's a new post in, for example, gaming forum. But when I go there I'm the last person to have posted anything there and none of the topics are listed as having a new reply. Strange, huh?