SW Forums Update

Important News and Information.
viper2843
Administrator

SW Forums Update

Post by viper2843 » Fri Jan 24, 2003 8:12 pm

I just wanted to let everybody in on what I have been planning for the near future (hopefully) on the SW Forums.

First off, several members have expressed interest in a quick reply modification to be installed. I have also been looking for modifications to add to the boards. I have found the mods that I want but I have been warned that my version of phpbb (2.0.4) is not compatible with most of the existing mods. I am constantly checking several phpbb websites for updates to the mods but they are slow coming so we are going to have to wait a bit until I can get the updated mods. :(

Second, I have been trying to design a brand new, original skin for the SW Forums but I have what I like to call 'Webmasters Block". I can't think of a good color scheme to use in the skin. Any suggestions. :)

Finally, I will be making an announcement for Moderators soon so be on the look out.

That's it for now. If you have anymore suggestions feel free to post. :yoda:
Last edited by viper2843 on Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:20 am

When will you post the mods, viper?
I recently downloaded a php package. go to http://www.phpbb.com You might find something there. :wedge:

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:44 pm

I am sure there is no rush to get what we need. It's great that we have forums at all. A little bit longer will not kill us. :) Thanks for keeping us updated Viper.

As for colors, blue is good, Obiwan uses a star system background which is kind of cool, perhaps something like that?
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Craig

Post by Craig » Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:14 am

For colours, maybe reds and blues - old senate guard/new senate guard. Or reds, blues and greens - the lightsaber colours.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue Jan 28, 2003 8:50 am

That's a great idea, saber colors! That would be cool, Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow and Purple are the only colors that I know of officially so. Red Blue & Green were the OT. I really like this idea Craig, you should do this Viper.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:16 pm

I really like the new picture of the Jedi Temple up in the corner, viper! It's much better than the php one!
Sabre colours? Can't say I like it. I'm still grieving from the loss of jeditalk, and jedionline (stares accusingly at viper), but I'd like the same one we used at talk: subspace and something... :(

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi » Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:57 pm

I liked the space background on Jedi Talk and my own forums, but I didn't like the main look of the Jedi Talk forums. I like the idea of the light saber colors, as long as you can get the colors to have a glowing style instead of plain green red etc.
http://obiwankenobi29.tripod.com
You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would, destroy the Sith, not join them.
Anakin: I hate you!
Obi-Wan: You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.

Craig

Post by Craig » Thu Jan 30, 2003 12:41 am

Jedi Jin Su wrote:That's a great idea, saber colors! That would be cool, Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow and Purple are the only colors that I know of officially so. Red Blue & Green were the OT. I really like this idea Craig, you should do this Viper.
I'm glad at least sombody likes the idea JJS.

But as far as I know, red blue and green are the only official lightsaber colours (to appear on film). The exception is of course Mace's - when George chose to bend his rules as a favour to Mr. Jackson. I'm sure I've read George saying that they are the only colours, and we didn't see any others in the arena battle. Blue and green was all you got.

All of these other colours are from the expanded universe stuff, which are not canon. I would have liked more colours too. It would be less boring, but if we stick to the rules, we don't have much of a choice.

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi » Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:24 am

I thought I remembered seeing a few yellow and orange light sabers in the Arena.....
http://obiwankenobi29.tripod.com
You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would, destroy the Sith, not join them.
Anakin: I hate you!
Obi-Wan: You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:11 am

There were some yellow and orange ones in the arena shots. I can't remember who had them. GL put new colors in because people thought the saber colors represented specific Force attributes, which he declared was false. That is why they changed them. Sam Jackson's changed because his character went from being a cameo spot to being an integral part of the story, so the saber had to change to match his personality.

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:30 pm

I think you're all colour blind. :mrgreen: Though if I see the photographic evidence, I'm happy to be wrong.

Lango Fett

Post by Lango Fett » Sat Feb 01, 2003 2:59 am

From what I've asked that guy from Ep-X (Ternian), there were only 3 sabre colours!

JediMasterKono

Post by JediMasterKono » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:16 pm

Hey everyone who still goes to this website, i got a new replecas of Darth vader and Obi-Wan's lightsabers
There is no emotion there is peace

There is no ignorance there is knowledge

There is no passion there is serenity

there is no death there is the force

Peace over anger

Honor over hate

strength over Fear

MasterJoy

Post by MasterJoy » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:20 pm

:)

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it.
May the Force be with you!
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." Galadriel LOTR FOTR

JediMasterKono

hey

Post by JediMasterKono » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:09 pm

yeah i have had fun but i want to buy the electronical ones
There is no emotion there is peace

There is no ignorance there is knowledge

There is no passion there is serenity

there is no death there is the force

Peace over anger

Honor over hate

strength over Fear