Welcome to the New Home of SW Forums!

Important News and Information.
Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Mon Jan 20, 2003 3:30 pm

Hey, Jedi Power! I sent you a PM back in the old forums, when (I'm looking accusingly at Viper) we still had our old messages. You might not have got it. It was saying that I'd be happy to let you post my story. Still want to? :)

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi » Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:31 pm

Hey this is great! I don't care too much about the old posts. It's kind of nice to have a fresh start :D .

I would also like to recomend getting some hacks/mods to customize the boards and make them easier to navigate. Specifically one of the Quick Reply Hacks. Jin Su and Jedi Master thought we should suggest it to you since they saw the feature on my forums. Think you can do it, Viper? :wink:
http://obiwankenobi29.tripod.com
You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would, destroy the Sith, not join them.
Anakin: I hate you!
Obi-Wan: You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:43 pm

I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion Obi-Wan.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:04 pm

Sure Wedge, I will pst your story in my new Fan Fiction section. Can you e-mail it to me? Also, here is a list of the information I need to help categorize the story:

Title: The name of your story.

Author: Your name or screen name and email address.

Category: Action, Drama, Humor, Romance

Timeline: Original Trilogy Era, Prequel Trilogy Era, Expanded Universe, etc.: Where does your story fit in? Ex. Pre-AOTC (Attack of the Clones), Post ANH (Star Wars: A New Hope).

Rating: G, PG, PG-13, NC-17, R. If you are not sure what rating to give, please rate the story higher than you would think. We do have some younger viewers to consider.

Summary: Please provide two or three lines describing your story.

Status: Is this a complete story, or will there be more chapters to come.

Disclaimer: Please provide a disclaimer that states you are not making any money from your story, do not own any characters, etc. from Star Wars.

Thanks! :D
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:59 am

Hello Everyone!!! Great job Viper! I thought I would have to re-register but everything worked great. I meant to post that I thought the quick reply hack was good too, thanks for bringing it up Obi Wan! I would like to add that I am glad we have to think of new topics. This way we won't get too confused about what was said before. :) Some of our topics were quite popular.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Tue Jan 21, 2003 2:00 pm

I'm sorry, Jedi Power, could you run that by me again? I don't get a lot of that especially from that last one. And what are all those letters in the ratings? 'Cause if they're the American version of PG, U, 12, 15, 18, etc. I wouldn't have a clue! :?

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:05 pm

Wedge,

G=Any age can read.
PG=Any age can read, but with parental approval.
PG-13=You must be at least 13 and have parental approval.
NC-17=You must be 17 to read.
R=You should be an adult to read the content in this story.

This is just a guidline so young readers don't get into something they shouldn't. Aren't the rest of the questions self explanitory?
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Wed Jan 22, 2003 5:18 am

All except for the last one. :wedge:

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:23 pm

The Disclaimer? I use it so Lucas and his lawyers will not come after me saying I am trying to do something I should not. That's all.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Jan 22, 2003 2:55 pm

I have seen that on most of the fan fic sites I have been on. Disclaimers are great so that no one sues you. I have known a couple of people who have ran into copyright problems because of it. The latest set of copyright laws do apply internationally to the internet as well. Whatever you write belongs to you, but if you steal someone else's character, whether you make money or not you could be held liable. A disclaimer states that you are doing this for fun and not for profit, thus not violating international copyright law.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

yoda

Post by yoda » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:19 pm

Actualy you are stil breaking copyright regulations if u use caracters. Even if you dont earn monney on it, because you are makeing the caracter/subject available to the public. It is not so much a problem that you earn monney, but that the copyrightowner dont. It is regarded as sabotasje, or vandalism
"Judge me by my sice do you?...
And where you shold not, because my allie is the force, and a powerfull allie it is."
:yoda:"If you feel you have controll, you are not going fast enough!" -Mika Hekkinen (Race-car driver from Finland/Suomi)

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:45 pm

I have a few references to Luke, and a few other characters, but the rest are made up. Tattooine and the Vergesso Asteroids are also used. :wedge:

Jedi Master
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Master » Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:21 am

Luckily Lucas lets fans do what they want on the most part when it comes to Star Wars. :D Disclaimers are a good thing to have though.
Jedi Master - JediSource
http://www.therealjedisource.net

Avitor

Post by Avitor » Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:50 am

yoda wrote:Actualy you are stil breaking copyright regulations if u use caracters. Even if you dont earn monney on it...
Copyright laws may be strict these days, but thankfully no has copyrighted the proper spelling of any of the words you used there.
Klaatu Barrada n... Necktie... Nickel...

Daisy221

Re: Welcome to the New Home of SW Forums!

Post by Daisy221 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:31 am

Hello there! I am newbie here.