Hyperspace Posting Rules

Important News and Information.
viper2843
Administrator

Hyperspace Posting Rules

Post by viper2843 » Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:05 pm

Now that the Star Wars.com Hyperspace subscription service is open, we must be very careful as to what we post on these boards. Any material that someone sees on the Hyperspace is not allowed to be reproduced anywhere else. That includes this site. Any member who is caught posting information found on the Hyperspace site will be banned from the boards immediately. This is a no-tolerance policy in order for this site to remain open. I know that this board won't have a problem with this because everyone here is great but never the less I do have to post this to let everyone know of the new rule.
Last edited by viper2843 on Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:27 pm

Why is everyone staring at me? :D

I don't quite get what you're saying, viper. It's probably because I was away when someone decided to tell everyone about the hyperspace thing

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Sat Jun 07, 2003 3:56 pm

I fully agree Viper! I noticed several web sites posting news and pictures that they found on the Hyperspace section of starwars.com. Lucasfilm is probably going to let it slide until June 10th when the paid part is activated. If someone starts posting news then, I think Lucasfilm is going to bring the hammer down hard for a while. We might see some good sites go down because of this.

Be warned people!! Lucasfilm has gone to great lengths to make sure the copyright warnings are everywhere in the Hyperspace section. Don't get caught posting their news on your web site or here! We could lose it all in a matter of minutes. Enjoy the new stuff, just don't get caught repeating it. You always have e-mail you know. :stardestroyer:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

viper2843
Administrator

Post by viper2843 » Sat Jun 07, 2003 5:34 pm

Hyperspace is a member subscription service at Star Wars.com with exclusive content, web cams, etc. Since you have to pay for it none of the material can be posted anywhere else. If it were posted at a place like this site, then people could get it without paying. That is why I put this rule into affect. It is to safeguard the site so we don't get shut down.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:28 pm

Ah thanks.

Avitor

Post by Avitor » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:50 am

I'm having trouble finding info on this, how much does it cost?
Klaatu Barrada n... Necktie... Nickel...

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:26 am

It is a $19.95 US subscription for 1 year.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Jun 11, 2003 7:59 am

I am not sure there is enough there that I would want to pay $19.95 a year for.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:47 pm

how do i find out to sign up international (one year)??? i clicked international then it took me to star wars shop :?

Mara Skywalker

Post by Mara Skywalker » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:01 pm

the price has gone up. I paid $40 for hyperspace last month. I thought I was getting a lot of goodies, and stuff. So far, I've been pretty disappointed. It's neat to have, but not worth $40 imo.

I don't know what the international price is, sorry.
Somethings wrong. I'm not the Jedi I should be. -Anakin Skywalker

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:17 pm

That was right Guest. Anthing you buy through Star Wars.com is now purchased through Star Wars Shop. Even Hyperspace. Good luck!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:18 pm

That is absolutely, entirely and UTTERLY ridiculous. Sorry for being redundant but honestly!
That's why I've never even thought about going into the hyperspace thing because they're actually charging money for it.

The official Serenity site actually GAVE stuff away to fans who'd earned points on the site for submitting stuff (art, polls, et cetera) and they could have actually USED the money for keeping Serenity afloat if they'd charged any.

Mara Skywalker

Post by Mara Skywalker » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:37 pm

Abrynne wrote:That is absolutely, entirely and UTTERLY ridiculous. Sorry for being redundant but honestly!
That's why I've never even thought about going into the hyperspace thing because they're actually charging money for it.

It is ridiculous considering what you get in return. But I fell into the hype of it. I won't be doing it again next year.
Somethings wrong. I'm not the Jedi I should be. -Anakin Skywalker

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:11 am

I was actually asked to submit a couple of surveys for starwars.com, random really and I said I would never pay that much for their stuff. I am glad to know that I am not missing much. I felt I might be missing something right before the movie came out but supposedly you get access to so much for the $40.

I wasn't sure and it seemed really expensive.

Thanks for the info Mara and sorry it isn't as cool as it looks.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Illadriel

Post by Jedi Illadriel » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:02 pm

That IS rediculous! I was thinking about joining it but...change of plans. They need to lighten the prices a bit, I suppose...and I hope.
Jedi Illadriel/Darth Illatris