Member Issue

Important News and Information.
viper2843
Administrator

Member Issue

Post by viper2843 » Sun May 25, 2003 6:55 pm

I need some input on an issue that I have been having. Another member brought to my attention a rather offensive signature of a member of the boards, Zack Lyons (formerly Wedge Antillies). The signature is as follows: (WARNING: Offensive language used!!!)
Show Spoiler
Fuck this forums!
You make the worst forums every!
Jedi Power suck my dick
I banned Zack shortly after and informed him of the banning. In his reply he said that he did not change his signature and that his email address was hacked and that this has happened at several other sites that he visits. Here is his reply email:
Thankyou very much: but I myself am forced to point out that my signature
has always remained the same: A quote from Yoda about fear, hatred, and the
force...

Anyway, how long will this ban last? While I'm gone would you mind posting
something about this? I don't want peeps to think that I always use bad
language. I want to fully assure you that I would never even consider doing
something like that. My e-mail address got hacked: as a result an e-mail RPG
system I was at received a message supposedly from me insulting the RPG
itself and a member in particular. I would just like to point out that these
things have been happening. Please could you just inform them that the
language used was not written by me.

Thankyou
I checked a old backup from April 27th and his story holds up about his signature. It has always been something else which makes be believe that he is telling the truth. He asked me to post his email and asked me to apologize for what has happened. I am planning to lift the ban shortly due to the fact that his story seems to be matching up but I want to ask the board what your opinion of the situation is (especially Jedi Power's opinion because your name is mentioned in the offensive sig).
Last edited by viper2843 on Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon May 26, 2003 7:40 pm

Yeah! I was starting to wonder why my name came up! What did I ever do to anyone! Zack or otherwise! If it was a hack, I wonder what the beef is with me? I have been a little slow posting some fan submissions lately, and for that I am sorry, but real life is not allowing much Star Wars time these days. If someone has a problem with me, then you had better come out and say it! Preferably with a reason why!! Otherwise, keep your mouths shut! :evil:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue May 27, 2003 3:08 pm

It seems uncharacteristic for Wedge. He is definitely into posting a lot, and on a lot of forums it is possible that someone had it out for him and not Jedi Power at all. Perhaps they felt by insulting someone that we all respect it would get Wedge banned sooner?
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Master
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Master » Tue May 27, 2003 9:25 pm

Perhaps Jin Su. Who really knows? I think we should let him come back to the forums and if anything happens like this again then we can ban him.
Jedi Master - JediSource
http://www.therealjedisource.net

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:33 pm

Holy...excuse my French...

I didn't know this place still existed!

Here's the story: a month or so back: I tried to get on here. It said "Page Could Not be Displayed" I tried the night after, but it still didn't work. So, naturally, I presumed that the forums had gone down again. I expected a mass e-mail from viper announcing the return of the forums. But it never came. I completely forgot about them. Then, suddenly , on an e-mail account I'd never stored here, an e-mail arrives, telling me I've been banned. I think you know the rest.

Jedi Power, you know I like you a lot. I use your site a lot for reference for my book (which I've just finished :D ) and I hope you know that I would never intentionally insult you. By the way, I think I e-mailed you a few months back about your site. I put up a banner linking to it on my forums, and I was wondering if you could link my forums on your site. MAybe you didn't get my message then. I dunno.

Jin Su, if you call me Wedge just one more time... :cry:

Oh, and by the way: the guy who hacked me, he's hacked my forums loads of times. Deleted loads. So he might strike again. So please be prepared for that.

I might not come here very often now: I've got other things to do half the time.

See ya all around!

Avitor

Post by Avitor » Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:52 am

So, wait, this Zack lyons is, or was, Wedge?
Klaatu Barrada n... Necktie... Nickel...

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Mon Jun 09, 2003 11:27 am

Yep!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:12 pm

Avitor, I thought you knew. Also, I thought that you knew how to spell my name correctly...

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Jun 11, 2003 8:03 am

Get over it Wedge, I doubt you or anyone else would do anything to me just because I used your old name instead of you new one. I voted for you to remain on this list, remember?
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:41 pm

I don't beleive it... :cry: she's said it again!

I think I'll just quit now :cry: :D :wink: