Cestus Deception

Discussion on Star Wars books, comics, fan fiction, etc...
Jedi Jin Su

Cestus Deception

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:49 am

Well I finally have finished the book. I know I am a little slow in reading these but I haven't seen a review of this one here yet. Kit Fisto and Obi Wan Kenobi and the Lives of the Clones.

This book is to try and humanize the Clones, and give us more insight into Obi Wan Kenobi as well as examine more information about Count Dooku. For you Clone War Cartoon fans Ventress is in here and she tries to kill off Kit and Obi Wan.

It gives great information about Kit Fisto and his background. This book does not do much for Kenobi though. It furthers the story of the Clone Wars and does tell you more about the Clones and how they are made and trained.

I felt that Kenobi was actually lacking as a character and as a Jedi too. Kit Fisto had a lot more depth to him. However, I admire Kenobi from the movies and felt the author did not do the character justice.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Abrynne

Post by Abrynne » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:29 am

You know, I bought this book and began to read it a month or so ago and I simply couldn't do it. I was rather bored with the lengthy descriptions and also irritated at how "blah" Obi-Wan seemed. I get really irritated with authors who don't stay true to the characters we actually know about from the films and backgrounds.
So yeah... I may try it again a little later on.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:07 am

I completely agree. The book really did focus on the clones and their lives. I felt it should have stayed more on the Jedi that were involved on the mission. This would have been a great opportunity to let us into the workings of the Jedi only the author let us know more about the clones and everything but the Jedi really.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master