Challenge to all storytellers.

Discussion on Star Wars books, comics, fan fiction, etc...
Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:49 pm

Yeah, I agree. It's amazing what Star Wars can do. I went through my Latin exam praying for the wise Yoda to guide me, and I came first! We have so much thanks to Star Wars!
I have my book and scripts and site and now the Rebel Alliance war faction from a war room.
Yoda has his film to be making (and he also has me :wink: )
JediConnor has his forums (although he leaves most of the dirty work to me and lets it crash :( )
Jedi Master has his site.
Jedi Power has his site.
Obi-wan has his forums.
Viper has taken over these forums.
Rob had these forums.
And dozens of other people have websites. We owe so muuch to the wonderful world of Star Wars!
The audience wrote:Long Live Star Wars! Long Live Star Wars!
:lol:

Avitor

Disclaimer

Post by Avitor » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:00 pm

yoda, I didn't mean anything derogitory about your grammer and spelling. I had noticed that your location is listed as Norway, I have a lot of friends in Stavanger and most of them speak & write better English than I while I, on the other hand, speak and write absolutely no Norwegian. No hard feelings?
Klaatu Barrada n... Necktie... Nickel...

yoda

Post by yoda » Mon Jan 27, 2003 5:33 pm

Understand me corectly. I have no hard feelings. I’ve been on Star wars boards for more than two years now, more or less, but never before been corrected for my spelling. I am aware of that sometimes it doesn’t come out right. It seemed odd that’s all. Just not my kind of humor. Although I was not offended (but it did deserve a coment) I feel it is easy to hurt other people with that kind of humour. What if I was an English native who is a dyslectic? In the future be carefull. People should be able to participate on the boards without being mocked for their English skills.:yoda:
"Judge me by my sice do you?...
And where you shold not, because my allie is the force, and a powerfull allie it is."
:yoda:"If you feel you have controll, you are not going fast enough!" -Mika Hekkinen (Race-car driver from Finland/Suomi)

Avitor

Post by Avitor » Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:18 pm

I've been posting on message boards for a few years now. It really irks me when people fluent in English use instant message short hand, WRITE IN ALL CAPS, or never use capital letters, never use punctuation, or consistently use improper grammar or spelling on forums such as these. In all the time I've been posting on message boards I've never encountered someone with either Dyslexia or Dysgraphia, although I do have friends in the 'real' world with those conditions.

yoda

Post by yoda » Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:40 pm

If I should make every effort posible to avoid errors, I would use so much time it would take out all the fun of it. Sorry if this anoys you this much. It is realy not my intension. :yoda:
But I do understand Your irritaition about what you call shorthand, or all capital letters. I dont like that either. Especialy if they dilleberatly change the spelling of words. In Norway it is rather popular to ad a z, or change the s to z among youths. Z is a letter not present in the Norvegian language.
And where you shold not, because my allie is the force, and a powerfull allie it is."
:yoda:"If you feel you have controll, you are not going fast enough!" -Mika Hekkinen (Race-car driver from Finland/Suomi)

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:11 am

Yoda there was a movie out quite a while ago now, where one of the aliens said:

"Live Fast, Die Young and leave a great looking corpse" I catch it on tv once in a while, but your quote reminded me of that.

As for not writing properly, do your best, I am sure people will survive with a few mistakes. English is not the easiest language in the world to learn.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Avitor

Post by Avitor » Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:49 am

"Live Fast, die young and leave a great looking corpse." is a very common phrase. I like yoda's version better.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:17 am

I know it is a common phrase, I just was remembering the movie it was in.

I liked Yoda's version too.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:55 am

Anyway, Yoda, I sent a PM about the weight and height thing. One thing I'm worried about is costumes.
And as I said, all of the scenery is not rquired to be constructed: a corridor, a room witha a computer, and a field should do it. But then there's a very small space battle.
Think you're up to it?

yoda

Post by yoda » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:19 am

Yea I am up to it, but it might be a time/monney isue.
Althogh the efects are rather easy, it takes a lot of time.
I have to build scale moddels, make a background. and last but not least do the laserbolts, wich has to be drawn on frame by frame ( it is 25 frames each second in pal-format wich I use.)
like I said. it is easy, but timeconsumeing.

Avitor

Post by Avitor » Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:22 am

Sounds interesting. :shock:
I'm eager to see the finished product.

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:08 pm

Yoda, if I am gonna be in this thing or not (it'll probably easier if I do 'cause there's one less character for you find) I'd like to be over there while you're filming to oversee the filming.
And how long is this gonna take? Thinking that the film may only be an hour or less, and I could only come over in the Summer Holidays and Winter holidays, and Easter. Any ideas? I mean, if I'm gonna be in it, we could shoot my scenes when I can come over, and if I'm not, I'd just come over when i have the chance. :)

yoda

Post by yoda » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:08 pm

I would like to take this one step at a time. There is a long way to go before we can do anything even close to filming. When you have a synopsis ready, we will probably discuss thouroughly your idea, where I will try to get a clear picture of your vision. then I will make some design sheets, for you to look at and see if it fits your consept. maybee draw out some key-parts of how I see the movie.

As for the length of the movie, when I posted this subject, I had a much shorter film in mind
It should be a short film, with not to many caracters.
I was thinking between 5 and 10 min (max 20)
It is not my intension to kill your dream or anything. I do belive your idea has a great future, but I do think it is more than I can handle at the moment. althoug I do think we should keep on working on it because it shows great promisse.

On the subject of you comeing to oversee the filming, lets just wait untill we know more about how this project works out.

To explain my worries. I am a wery bussy man.
I have full time school, full time jobb, I try to run a website, I want to bee a director, so I will try to get in on a filmschool this fall. To do this I have to do a lot of selfstuddies. The few hours I have left, I will use on this film, and one other wich I am writeing the script for my self.
:yoda:

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:33 am

Well, i suppose I could get a short one done in 20, but if this works out, I'd personally like to make a sequel to it next year or something. :wink:
Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm quite busy too: school 6 days a week, maintaining my website, planning a better ione, writing my book, and now this script.

yoda

Post by yoda » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:22 pm

That would be great. I do look foreward to reading your scripts. Good luck Wedge. This could be a lot of fun.