Challenge to all storytellers.

Discussion on Star Wars books, comics, fan fiction, etc...
yoda

Challenge to all storytellers.

Post by yoda » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:22 am

I have a chalenge for all you writers out there. I know that there is a lot of talented people on this board, and I need some help.
I am starting my studies to be a director this autum (if I am lucky), that is a moviedirector, and what I need help for is scripts.
It can be about anything, not just starwars. It should be a short film, with not to many caracters. and limited need for spesiall efects, or construction.

I cant promise you anything in return other than my gratitude, and your name on the film.

Please email any scripts, ideas or hunches to
inge.skaaningsrud@bluezone.no
"Judge me by my sice do you?...
And where you shold not, because my allie is the force, and a powerfull allie it is."
:yoda:"If you feel you have controll, you are not going fast enough!" -Mika Hekkinen (Race-car driver from Finland/Suomi)

Wedge Antilles

Re: Challenge to all storytellers.

Post by Wedge Antilles » Wed Jan 22, 2003 6:28 am

MY furry green little friend :yoda: , this might be your lucky day! I have numerous uncompleted scripts. It would only take a while to finish them. I have written a book, so I should be adequate for the job. :wedge:

yoda

Post by yoda » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:06 pm

exelent.
Here is my e-mail inge.skaaningsrud@bluezone.no
Mail me anything you might like to get on tape. (as long it iss moderatly diesent).
I can not guarantie it will be done, but if so you will ofcorse be Acknowledged. Ifgyou have any terms of use please include them in the mail.

BTW. with special efects I can do gunshots, lightsabers, spaceships, some explosions, bluescreenmateing. and similar Maybe blasters too (might bee tricky) :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

but it is a one man show with limited resourses (my paycheck) so do not expect to much of me.
And where you shold not, because my allie is the force, and a powerfull allie it is."
:yoda:"If you feel you have controll, you are not going fast enough!" -Mika Hekkinen (Race-car driver from Finland/Suomi)

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Wed Jan 22, 2003 3:43 pm

I have a play called star Wars: The deadly Bounty. Sound good?

yoda

Post by yoda » Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:57 pm

Sounds good. Send me a resume. describeing main plot and key elements and caracters.

Avitor

Re: Challenge to all storytellers.

Post by Avitor » Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:56 am

yoda wrote:spesiall efects
:?:
Klaatu Barrada n... Necktie... Nickel...

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:20 am

You know what he means avitor! :wedge:

Jedi Master
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Master » Fri Jan 24, 2003 10:45 am

Haha!
Jedi Master - JediSource
http://www.therealjedisource.net

Avitor

Post by Avitor » Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:59 pm

Wedge_Antilles wrote:You know what he means avitor! :wedge:
Actually, I'm not sure whether he meant spatial or special effects.
Klaatu Barrada n... Necktie... Nickel...

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:13 am

Was that a joke? He meant special effects, i'm almost certain of it.
JEdi Master, why'd you go haha? Was it because I said 'you know what it means'?
Yoda, where is this being filmed? Because I have a slight request... :wedge:

yoda

Post by yoda » Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:16 pm

It pleases me that my spelling amuses some of the members of this board
In my defence I am norwegian and I have English as a second language.
Belive it or not but the internet and StarWars is known in other parts of the world than the English speaking to.

BTW Wedge. I ment special efects (FX). What The H... is Spatial Efects?
I am filming in Norway. (Like I said. its a onemanshow, and I am a student.)
(Snowbatle in ESB was filmed in Norway at Finse)

If you are thinking of tatoine we do have several plases where they dig out sand nearby, But we have to wait until the snow melts in late april, or early may.

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:28 pm

Yeah, I thought you meant special. As for spatial, I was wondering the same thing!
Anyway, my request was that I be in the film. I tend to try and start plays at school with my scripts, none of which have been successful. I have a buit of acting experience, when I took part in a theatre performance when I was 10. :lol: Anyway, if it's being filmed in Norway I'd have trouble coming. School takes up most of my time.
I might be able to fit something in the Summer holidays if that's alright with you! Depends how long the filming will take and how long I'll be needed.
Anyway, in Star Wars: The Deadly Bounty there will be a requirement for at least 16 characters. I've not yet gotten very far into the script, but I'll try my hardest when I receive further details.
By the way, will you have any trouble with copyright? I'm kinda worried! :wink: Well, tell me what ya think. P.S. I might have the slight urge to work faster if I'm in it. :wink: But can still work hard without.
P.S.S. Will this be going into cinemas? And will it be in English or Norweigan? I just like to know if I should make it easy to translate r something... :) :wedge:

yoda

Post by yoda » Sat Jan 25, 2003 8:07 pm

Do not worry about translation, Even though some make fun of my spelling there is nothing wrong with my vocabulary. althoug I do have a acsent, I am very proud of my knowledge in english and is capable of unrestrained have a conversation even though the other person is not speaking like the oxford dictonary. I do watch movies without the subtitles because I feel it is better without another person's interpetation
(in norway we subtitle, and dont do voiceovers like in spain or germany)

I do not plan any cinemarelease, only a bitt off fun that I thought maybee someone else might wanted to join. As for you haveing a part I will leave that open for now. lets see how this works out. one step at atime.

I would realy like to hear if you had a resume of the main plot.
16 caracters might be more than i am capable of.

If you keep it simple it is more likely that this projekt will be compleated

Wedge Antilles

Post by Wedge Antilles » Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:41 am

I wasn't underestimating your vocabulary.
I sent you details about double-characters in a PM.

Jedi Master
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Master » Sun Jan 26, 2003 5:11 pm

Sorry Yoda, I didn't mean to insult you in any way. I only said "haha!" because Avitor does stuff like that all the time and it was funny because that day when I went to the forums he had said something about spelling or punctuaction (etc) like 3 times to other people already. It's just in his nature. :wink: So once again, no harm intended...

I just assumed you were from a foreign country (to me anyway). I get e-mails from people that come to my website all the time from people living in other countries and have English as a second language. I can usually tell if they do quite easily. :roll:

I look foward to your movie project you are doing. It's great that you are going to such great lengths for Star Wars! :D
Jedi Master - JediSource
http://www.therealjedisource.net