Gamics

Discussion on Star Wars books, comics, fan fiction, etc...
Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:45 am

Yoda always seems to end his sentences in "is." It was a regular comment but it made me laugh.

Here is what I heard in my head when reading your comment:
(In a Yoda voice) "I'll tell you if there it is, for the Force is my ally."
:lol:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Jedi Illadriel

Post by Jedi Illadriel » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:12 pm

lol :lol:
Yoda's cool 8)
lol
Jedi Illadriel/Darth Illatris

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:04 pm

Sorry I am a bit late on this, there have been the usual annoying real life interruptions to my writing of late.

I think you need a commander of the Ship. Someone rising in the ranks as well who is eager to show his worth and rise higher and fast. Remember that the way of the darkside is to rise fast. I, in my current writings about the Empire, have them recruit anyone who thinks they have even the faintest Force ability and train them as "low level" force users. Sort of as "spies" and anti-Jedi agents.

In addition to that a Commander of a Ship of that rank might have been someone who went through the Academy on Corellia and graduated rather young as an officer, much like they do here in our own military schools. Then this officer if he is smart and eager, would rise very fast and get a command of his very own. Also if he did see limited action at the end of the Clone wars and did something to prove his loyalty to Palpatine he would win a spot very high up without doing a lot. It happens very often in corrupt political systems like third world countries where people gain political favors or even nepotism. This young commander could be looking to set his family up or himself for a cushy Imperial job.

In addition one thing I like to do in mine is have a very active underworld, which is a severe problem for the Empire. If you read any of the books you find out just how much they have a problem with not just rebels but organized crime. I know that Palpatine makes deals with some and tries to fight others in this area.

Our young trooper could be from an idealistic world where he feels the Empire is actually trying to unite the worlds and end the strife in Coruscanti space. That would cause a great disillusionment for him as he went on his journeys and he found out more about the Empire. It would also explain why he volunteered but now is not sure about his choice.

Does this help any?
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Illadriel

Post by Jedi Illadriel » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:29 pm

Sounds neat!
I think that we need a plot first before we do anything in writing it all out.
We need to create some main and lesser characters for this, too.
Add some SW creatures in it as well to have a little adventure in it.
Yay for Acklay!

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:07 pm

Jin Su- The ship's Captain is Ait Convarion. I might be able to talk about him and how he got to be ruthless, but I will not be able to show him. Unfortunately, I am limited to what the Battlefront I & II games provide on the boards. All space boards have pilots and troopers. There aren't any officers to grab on a screen shot. This game will be harder to create a story around because of some of these limitations.

I have one or two custom boards with "seedy characters" for an interesting story line. I have the ability to show Boba Fett and Jango Fett on Tatooine through the Heros vs. Villians game. I also have a board with IG-88 on it. We can do a brief break from the storyline to focus on the underworld mischief causing havoc for the Empire on a planet. Maybe the Empire needs to eliminate the "extra" threat to set up mining facilities or to establish and/or retake a base of operations.

Jedi Illadriel- Okay. The plot. He is in space on a ship now. They will run into Rebels while deployed and he will use his turret gun well to get noticed. TK-187 will be transfered to Darth Vaders Imperial Star Destroyer. There will be discussion of how the clones were made and show a past battle on Kamino for the possible extermination of the cloning facility.

Then we fade back to the present and there will be the Tantive IV attack. Vader will wreak havok! The droids are gone with the Death Star plans (we don't see them) then a force goes to tatoine to retrieve them. Kill some tusken Raiders. Something we didn't see in the movies, but Rebels are on tatooine and a battle ensues. I could go on and on about where I think it should go. But, baby steps for now because the Gamic will be on-going.

The game is also limited on the creatures they show. I can show an Acklay on the Clone Wars Era boards, but I will need the story to be talking about the past when I show the troopers and the Acklay. I know I can show Jawas and Tusken Raiders on Tatooine, I can show Tauntauns and Wampas on Hoth, Jabba and Gamorean Guards in Jabba's Palace, and I have a few custom boards with other character types. There isn't much of a need for creatures in a shooting game. :wink:

Thanks for the suggestions and input!!! Keep it coming!
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Illadriel

Post by Jedi Illadriel » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:30 pm

You're welcome!
Don't forget the Tauntauns and the ewoks or are they wiped out. lol. (not the tauntauns ewoks.)
I love tauntauns

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:27 pm

Here is Page 4.

When I get to around page 8, I will start the series at Galactic Voyage and run it every Wednesday. Page 5 is in the works.

Edit- Here is Page 5.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Illadriel

Post by Jedi Illadriel » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:48 pm

That's pretty cool!
k

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:46 am

It looks good so far. I understand about being limited by the graphics. However, I must say they look really very good so far. While you are concentrating on the future and the OT, could you take some things from some of the other games, like perhaps the worlds from say Knights of the new republic and name it as something else?

Perhaps you could get a bad guy or two from there.

Yes getting rid of the underworld element in a world that they might want to use for their own purposes such as tax revenue from gambling, like a Las Vegas set up or something? Just an option to think about.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Illadriel

Post by Jedi Illadriel » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:41 pm

Yeah! Like Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion!
Don't forget Darth Trayas and Darth Revan! ^-^ :D

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:12 pm

I originally thought about mixing up lots of games at once to get the scenes I needed, but I decided against it. It will be created only from the Battlefront series, so I will be captive to what that game has to offer. Of course, all those game modifiers out there are welcome to give me other interesting places and characters! :wink:
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage

Jedi Illadriel

Post by Jedi Illadriel » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:13 pm

okay. ^^