XWA Upgrade: Pursuer-class Enforcement Ship (Slave II)

Discussion on Star Wars computer games, console games, trading card games, and role playing games (RPG).
Wildstar

XWA Upgrade: Pursuer-class Enforcement Ship (Slave II)

Post by Wildstar » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:59 pm

The XWA Upgrade Project is far from dead...after releasing the Cargo Facility 1, the follow-up is the Pursuer-class Enforcement Ship (BKA Slave II) upgrade, modeled and textured by Marco Antonio. Head to the "Downloads" section of the main site for the new OPT; there are three screenshots thumbnailed in the release thread.

viper2843
Administrator

Re: XWA Upgrade: Pursuer-class Enforcement Ship (Slave II)

Post by viper2843 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:34 pm

I got to ask: X-Wing Alliance is a VERY old game. How does it still run on modern computers? Have there been special patches made so it runs on new systems? Curious minds want to know! :D
viper2843
Webmaster
The Jedi Council

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:34 am

viper, there has been a graphics hack, and the legacy DirectDraw support file is available for download. For the former, they've even figured out how to put the game into widescreen. For 64-bit Windows, there's an alternative MSI installer file available (which still requires the CD).

Craig

Post by Craig » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:07 am

I have wondered about this game a bit through Wildstar's regular postings on it too. Wondered if its possible to get a copy to play a-new. I played the old X-Wing game obsesively for a long time many years ago, even made a custom keyboard with the buttons colour-coded to match the game controls. That game had a heap of colntols, almost all the buttons on the keyboard were used.