Unleash the reviews

Discussion on Star Wars computer games, console games, trading card games, and role playing games (RPG).
Craig

Unleash the reviews

Post by Craig » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:11 am

I was just wondering if anyone here has played Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and what you think of it? I don't have the game yet, so I was curious as to your opinions. I'm currently playing Medal of Honour: Airborne and Motorstorm, and will probably buy 'Unleashed' after I've finished with them.

Jedi Jin Su

Re: Unleash the reviews

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:05 pm

I am not sure this will count for you Craig. I did buy this game for my mobile phone. It is a modified version of the game of course. The graphics are good. It is a bit slow moving and has entirely too much talking and not enough action if you ask me. It is fun if you are on a long trip but it does wear on me. On the bright side it is easy to learn and I am on level 3 so I am not that bad at it I guess.
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Post by Jedi Power » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:18 pm

I don't have a console so I won't be able to play it. I have all the cut scenes available at GV and the story is great! I can imagine with the 60 minutes of video that there isn't a lot of playing inbetween.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Craig

Post by Craig » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:01 am

Thanks Jin Su. That does confirm what I expected it might be. From your description it sounds as if it's gone the Knights of the Old Repupblic route; all that talk and not enough action. I did find that game a bit like banging your head against a brick wall, good when it stopped. Haven't read any reviews; don't need too, I'll probaly buy the game no matter what they say anyway. Your views do help though to determine what price I'll pay.

JP. The ammount of video does give potential for a good involving game though, by the sound of it; if the game-play can make up for it. They'll probably bring it out on PC anyway in the end, after they've sold enough through the consoles.

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:13 pm

I got up to Level 7 on my game, and I had to go and kill Shaak Ti. Some of you "dark siders" may be ok with this, but I liked Shaak Ti and she is one of the few female Jedi Masters that we have. I actually got killed off by her in the game and wasn't that sorry about it. I am not much of a dark apprentice I guess, now maybe if it was Ki Adi Mundi I would have done better...

**No "We love Ki Adi Mundi" hate mail please! It was meant as a funny. LOL
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."-Qui Gon Jinn, Jedi Master

Craig

Post by Craig » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:09 am

No worries Jin Su. Kill Ki Adi Mundi as much as you like. :D Asthetically Shaak Ti is a much better design than Mundi; the concept sketches of him looked good, but the rendering of him in real life didn't work too well, asthetically. He's just a cone-head, lop it off! :mrgreen:

Jedi Jin Su

Post by Jedi Jin Su » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:45 am

One neat feature of the game is that if you fail the level you can retry that level and don't have to go back to start. I did succeed at killing off Shaak Ti and ended up on Kaashik with the Wookies and Princess Leia. this is where the story will affect the canon for the future I think. As Princess Leia is interactive and I know that I read somewhere Bail Organa is in this game, so they have something to do with this. Again I haven't had a lot time to play it, but I can see how this will affect some of the story of Luke and Leia.