Empire at War

Discussion on Star Wars computer games, console games, trading card games, and role playing games (RPG).
Jedi Power
Global Moderator

Re: Empire at War

Post by Jedi Power » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:53 am

It is as I feared...
I have tended to not play games that were to difficult or had to many moving parts.
I like the space battles, but started winning easily on the most difficult level. The ground battles were a bit annoying and have not played the game trough as a it was designed yet. Never even started the Forces side of the game yet. It has been gathering lots of dust for me.
Jedi Power
Galactic Voyage
"You've taken your first step into a larger world"
http://galactic-voyage.com

Doze

Post by Doze » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:10 pm

I have it but my computer can not play it. So when I get a new computer it will be at the top of the list.
Abomination – If Obama wins the presidency we will be 'an Obama-Nation'

Craig

Post by Craig » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:23 am

I found the ground battles annoying also, to start with; they feel so pointlessly restricted compared to space battles. But once you take in a couple of varieties of vehicle it gets more fun; the "rocket launchers" are a great help for surviving long enough to win. It may not last as you imply JP, but for the first few days of play its fun so far.

From what I've seen it doesn't seem to be enough like Civilization or the Total War series, in that it doesn't have much in the way of technology upgrades (by the Tec-tree), which would make it more interesting if you had more things to build and aim for. The GUI doesn't look very Star Warsy to me either; just don't like it I guess. The buildings just look like piles of rocks on the screen (icons that is) and are in no way definable as anything to my eye.